Achane Has Leveled Up - A Jet Plow Legit RB1? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Achane Has Leveled Up - A Jet Plow Legit RB1?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Wow. Still the fastest on the field (more than likely) and now looks like he can just run through you. I bet he worked out with Mostert all off season to get there. You know with our staff, it was done in a manner to retain quickness. If I had one want player development wise, it was to see him put on some muscle. This is a game changer potentially.

1713267798404.png

1713267774611.png

One year ago De'Von was totally focused on his speed and running a great 40 (4.32 seconds at the Combine). He probably saw this as key part in elevating his draft stock (and getting the attention of a Head Coach who loves speed). After making a great start to his career with 11 games played, 800 rushing yds (8 rushing TDs), 197 receiving yds (3 receiving TDs).
I'm not surprised that Achane learned that he needed to put on more muscle so that he is better able to physically take the big hits. The pic from yesterday is good news for all Dolphin fans. He weighed 188 lbs at the Combine but I expect he may be closer to 195 lbs now.

Last edited:
Wow. Still the fastest on the field (more than likely) and now looks like he can just run through you. I bet he worked out with Mostert all off season to get there. You know with our staff, it was done in a manner to retain quickness. If I had one want player development wise, it was to see him put on some muscle. This is a game changer potentially.

View attachment 168920

View attachment 168919
Yeah!

1713269750466.gif

View attachment 168920

View attachment 168919
I’d like to see him at about 205 if he can maintain his speed at that weight

He absolutely has great hands. He can snatch the ball like a WR.

This kid looks completely different in that pic. Nice to see the dedication.
Then that should be one of McDaniel priorities, designing that kids pass catching talents into the game plan.

He was excited to get him, let’s see him scheme him up like Shanahan does with CMC

Just hope the injury bug doesn't follow him into year 2.

It's OK looking the part......but you've got to be able to stay on the field!
If he becomes oft-injured that would be a gut punch for sure. This kid has superstar talent and seems to be doing everything right. Fingers crossed for a long, successful career.

Back
Top Bottom