Anyone watching UFL today? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone watching UFL today?

I think we should all pick the same UFL team to root for like we have the same NFL team lol. I nominate Birmingham Stallions
I was just about to comment on how badass I thought their logo was

Edit: nevermind it's Arlingtons logo that's badass

I attended just one USFL game back in 1983.
The Michigan Panthers vs the Oakland Invaders. The Panthers lost at home that day, 33-27.
The Panthers eventually won the USFL Championship that inaugural season. Too bad after 1984 the Panthers were gone, having to merge with Oakland.

The big rumor was that the Panthers were challenging the Detroit Lions to a game, but it never happened. The other rumor was that the NFL would not allow the Lions to play a lowly USFL team. The truth is that if they would have played the Panthers would have easily defeated the Lions back then.

Love seeing the players wearing the Pony brand shoes, great memories of that time.

I don’t know if it’s possible but they should play in smaller stadiums or soccer stadiums for a few years. All those empty seats are horrible optics it’s hard to care about a game that has no fans there

The DC team plays at the MLS stadium (which is super nice and really fun to go to - much better experience than FedEx) so I just assumed that was the standard. You’re right though - seems like they are the only ones in a soccer stadium. The Arlington team is in the Rangers old stadium which is small also, but the rest are big football stadiums.

Also learned from that link that of the 8 teams, 3 are in Texas, which seems a bit excessive.

I was always a fan of Wade Philips because I loved his Dad Bum so I think I'll pull for his team.

The San Antonio Brahmas

Last edited:
It's 2024 and they've had chips in soccer balls for years to determine goals etc but the NFL relies on two old men on the sidelines to determine a first down. 🙄
Oh, you didn't see the penalty through your glaucoma and ant burning coke bottle glasses?

Any new league will struggle simply because it has no fan base. It will take 5+ years to build that up
Yea the crowds are a tough get these days post covid.

They should think about doing what LIV has done and had free concerts after the games for an hour or so. They need to get creative to bring in fans.

The league faces multiple issues from the teams being new, but beyond that they will also face huge player turn-over from year to year in a league like this. Signing that YouTube kicker was a great PR move but they face a very uphill battle gaining large fan-bases. It's not the fans fault either, none of these "B-tier" leagues have had any lasting power. They go under after a few years and ppl find other things/teams to root for.

Back
Top Bottom