Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB?

Forget stats and ask yourself this question. If there was a draft of all NFL players and things like salary was equal, how far down the line would Tua be on your draft board of QBs?

But if you want to use stats, go for it. Where's Tua on your QB draft board?

Could i pick 5 better QBs that I'd prefer to be the Miami QB. Yes.
Am I fine with Tua right now? Yes.
Can Tua win and go playoffs with a healthy supporting cast? Yes
Am I confident Tua can put the the team on his back when it matters beit players injured or 4th Qtr comebacks. No.
That's about where i am with Tua right now. If his improvement curve is still going up then happy days. If he's hit his ceiling then the team needs to look at QB next off season.
I think that's fair. My biggest disappointment with Tua was how he finished the season. I know a lot of it wasn't his fault, injuries added up on the offensive line, he had to get rid of the ball in 2.3 seconds etc. But, for whatever reason, we didn't see the clutch Tua in 2023. That used to be near automatic.

An improved offensive line could take care of some of those concerns. I like that Tua is slimming down. I hope his sneaky, good athleticism returns.

Last edited:
If he was right handed this wouldn't even be a question. The left handed looks weird and throws people off. Tua throws extremely catchable balls and does so extremely quickly. He can do what just about every other QB in the league can't. His quick decision making and accuracy is Lamar's legs, Mahomes' arm strength, and Rodgers psilocybin use.
Rodgers sees all. Rodgers will ascend this year.

To the credit of the author of the article, he did mention that Tua needs to deliver in big games/post season. To be fair to Tua, it is hard to win big games at the end against Balt, Buf and KC when half your Team is out injured or playing injured. I would venture no good team had that kind of injuries throughout the year like Miami did.
My question would be? 1) How many years are we going to blame injuries for losing big games? 2) How long are we going accept reason 1? …when we draft and sign key players with extensive injury history?

Hello all,
I just read this Article, link below, questioning and looking at objective and most important QB related stats to see if the numbers back up Tua being a top 5 QB or not. Personally, I don't see him as a top 5 QB but we can't argue with Tua's stats. The writer has done a great job at looking at various Stats. Based on the Stats, it would be hard to argue that he is not a top 10 QB. I know some people focus too much on the talent level, especially, the national media (Chris Simms, Colin Cowherd) and point out that, for example Justin Herbert, is a top 5 QB. This is a well-researched article accumulating the major QB Stats.

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Hello all,
I just read this Article, link below, questioning and looking at objective and most important QB related stats to see if the numbers back up Tua being a top 5 QB or not. Personally, I don't see him as a top 5 QB but we can't argue with Tua's stats. The writer has done a great job at looking at various Stats. Based on the Stats, it would be hard to argue that he is not a top 10 QB. I know some people focus too much on the talent level, especially, the national media (Chris Simms, Colin Cowherd) and point out that, for example Justin Herbert, is a top 5 QB. This is a well-researched article accumulating the major QB Stats.

GIF by Groundhog Day

Hello all,

Beating A Dead Horse GIF by 100 gecs

Hello all,

Beating A Dead Horse GIF by 100 gecs

Hello all,

Smash Bill Murray GIF by Groundhog Day

Back
Top Bottom