Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Article - Is Tua a Top 5 QB?

THis is a perfect post.

I have been saying for a while the diferrence between clutch and not clutch is MVS catches that pass in thr SB, as opposed to Hill dropping a perfectly thrown pass.

QBS will struggle against better teams. But it's that 1 maybe 2 drives or throws they make that's the diferrence.

KC/Philly and Bills
This video shows perfectly that Tua, in fact, did make clutch throws. They were just dropped. Not just 1 play, but multiple.

Each game was a critical game against a playoff team

They are elite playoff teams for a reason. You're not going to be able to make throw after throw, play after play against them.

This video perfectly shows the diferrence between Tua being "unable to win the big game" and being considered clutch. It simply came down to his WR dropping a perfectly thrown ball.

If the WR simply does his job, very few IF ANYONE would be worried about Tua getting his big extension.

Thanks man and yeah even the balt game. Yes we lost by a gazillion but if tyreek catches that it’s a completely different ball game going up 14-7. We completely melted after that drop by tyreek. Idk if we win but I know for sure it was a massive loss in momentum.

Top 10 you could have a legit debate but Top 5?

NOPE.

IF he made plays with his legs we would really have something.

How this week's battle in the Tua Wars going Tua-Haters?.....
(Live look in)
Clown Conancon2019 GIF by Team Coco

And the Tua-Anon, you guys still doing okay?.....
(Another live look in)
Dancing GIF

Good, I'm glad this week is going just like the last 150 weeks.

Carry on.

Stat wise - yes.

Top 5 that can win a playoff game? Nope, not yet. Hopefully that will change with healthy WR's & RB's and a healthy defense.

Will we ever play a playoff game with our full squad….is that so hard?
After the last couple years I’d settle for like 80% of the full squad

This thread is about Tua. He needs to learn how to win a big game and not shrink or choke. Elite QB's carry teams on their back. We need to see him do that. Right now Top 5 is but a pipe dream.
Marino must’ve really sucked huh? All those years, never could put a team on his back and win the big one

Thanks man and yeah even the balt game. Yes we lost by a gazillion but if tyreek catches that it’s a completely different ball game going up 14-7. We completely melted after that drop by tyreek. Idk if we win but I know for sure it was a massive loss in momentum.

This is true.

Momentum changes everything. I always wonder how diferrent that playoff game goes if Wilkins doesn't get that roughing the passer call. It remains a 2 score game, rather then 3. The offense stunk, but with the quick scoring potential, who knows. That could have been a complete momentum changing play.

For those that don't understand context. No GRYPHONK is not blaming Wilkins and the defense for the loss. So no need to focus on that one part of my post lol

The funny thing is, I know Many may disagree.

In that video, if Hill catches 4 specific passes from that video, Tua very like wins the MVP last year.

Objective thinking isn’t the issue. The issue is your lack of any thinking at all and complete lack of understanding of the game.

You’re pinning wins on one player in the ultimate team sport where all 53 and coaching matters. Then when given factual data on how other “elite” qbs have far more help from their team and how it’s a team game, you throw a fit.

if you want to argue he could of played better sure yeah he could of however blaming it all on one player is wild.
Here’s about 400 yards 4+ tds and 6 atleast fgs dropped by tyreek alone in said “big games/good teams” and there were plenty of other miscues by other players. Like I said team game.

I love Tyreek and am so happy to have him a Dolphin. However, it does have to be pointed out that he comes up small in a lot of big games. IMO, it's much more apparent with him than with Tua. He used to be clutch in KC so I know he's got it in him but he crapped the bed big in our losses last year.

Last edited:
No way Tua is top 5 come on guys literally no one thinks that save maybe a couple people on this board. Top 10 maybe 8-12 range
I think it would be harder to justify putting him outside the top 10 than it would to justify putting him top 5. With that being said, I think 5 to 7 is about right. I do think he's probably top 3-4 passing QB in the league but is no real threatv with his legs.

I can answer this question without reading it.....No he is not....

In no particular order after Mahomes....

1. Mahomes

2. Josh Allen
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Joe Burrow
5. Aaron Rodgers

I dont think MOST people especially outside of Dolphins fans would say that Tua is better than any of these guys, and rightfully so. Just have to take off the homer classes.

Tua will be in the realm of Jared Goff and Kirk Cousins which isnt bad. I just dont think Tua will ever be among the "elite" which there are only like 3 that are truly "elite" QB's right now anyways.
Yes, he is, Tua is ahead of Rodgers now. This is no longer Rodgers at the peak.

I love Tyreek and am so happy to have him a Dolphin. However, it does have to be pointed out that he comes up small in a lot of big games. IMO, it's much more apparent with him than with Tua. He used to be clutch in KC so I know he's got it in him but he craped the bed big in our losses last year.
Hill and Waddle had a ton of non-contact drops last year. Some of Tua’s worst statistical games would have looked a heck of a lot better if they caught the ball when it mattered. Every time we played a winning team Hill had at least one drop that killed a drive. He is an amazing player, but he did not come up clutch when we needed him to down the stretch.

Back
Top Bottom