Chop | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

Not to mention I think AVG was 24 when we picked him. In comparison, Verse is turning 24 before week 1 and Latu will be 24 before the postseason. Chop doesn’t turn 22 until January 2025.

Patience is key here. He’s a high end talent with loads of potential. He CAN contribute immediately but we won’t see the finished product for 2-3 years. Thats exciting to me, and right in time for when it’s time to move on from Chubb.

There’s too much focus on sack production. He was top 10 in the FBS in pressures in 2023. Played the entire season as a 20-year old.

Just what we need, another guy that ALMOST gets to the QB.

Sorry, not trying to pick on you bro, I just hate this ****ing pick.

Groundhog day sucks balls.

4th in a very weak year for edge rushers.

Latu is one hit away from a wheelchair. I felt Verse was the only one worth taking in the first.

We got Charles Harris 2.0.
Nah man, you can't teach speed. He will get stronger in the nfl. Disrupting the qb is vital, not to mention a deeper rotation. Fresh bodies throughout a game.

With all due respect, that statement is factually inaccurate. They ran the ball because Michigan was the best running team in college football last year. They ran the ball at him because he couldn’t set the edge. He ended the game without making a play that has a recordable stat. To clarify, I watched the game. My wife is from a town near Penn State and her whole family went there. I have seen them play pretty much every week for years.

He can rush the passer. He has a good first step. But when it doesn’t work he rarely recovers. Can’t say I’m thrilled when we draft a guy who had 60 tackles and 11.5 sacks in 3 college seasons with Barton/JPJ, Mitchell and Thomas available. He has a crazy amount of upside, but his floor is bagging groceries in a few years.

So unbelievably tired of the last sentence clause.

The guy just made tens of millions of dollars. He’s not gonna bag groceries. He might buy the grocery store.

Nah man, you can't teach speed. He will get stronger in the nfl. Disrupting the qb is vital, not to mention a deeper rotation. Fresh bodies throughout a game.
Why does everyone think becoming a Miami Dolphin makes people better football players?

If they dont bite as pups, they aint gonna ****ing bite.

Why does everyone think becoming a Miami Dolphin makes people better football players?

Creating chaos for the qb is just as important. I mean this is pretty obvious right? His speed off the edge will be vital. Remember Chubb? He couldn't chase down Allen. We got someone that can actually get to the qb in no time.

Danielle Hunter had 4.5 sacks in 38 college games (23 starts), including 1.5 sacks in 13 starts the year he was drafted.

He had 18.5 sacks in his first two NFL seasons and has 92 career NFL sacks before his 30th birthday.

Creating chaos for the qb is just as important. I mean this is pretty obvious right? His speed off the edge will be vital. Remember Chubb? He couldn't chase down Allen. We got someone that can actually get to the qb in no time.
But Chubb had success at the College and NFL level.

Chop is a stranger to success.

Danielle Hunter had 4.5 sacks in 38 college games (23 starts), including 1.5 sacks in 13 starts the year he was drafted.

He had 18.5 sacks in his first two NFL seasons and has 92 career NFL sacks before his 30th birthday.
Glad you found the outlier bro, kudos!

EDIT: He was also drafted in the 3rd round. Where project players SHOULD be drafted.

Idk man, I like this pick. Honestly, I definitely preferred an OL player. But this is definitely a good pick.

No arguments here at all. My argument as I mentioned is BPA [FOR US] was a luxury we can't afford. We aren't solid at all positions where we can look to future. We've missed the past few years of 1st round picks, we don't have a stable of talent on low salary, we don't have talent backing up talent.

What we have is current talent supplemented with FA hoping for dear.life we can hold the line for a year to draft again to fix it. But what happens that next year when we don't fix it? All year it was OL is complete sh*t. You were one of the ones with the megaphone about this so it's comical that after the last year you sit here supporting a BPA strategy. 🤷‍♂️
The performance of our oline in 2023 was much better than I expected. It was a Shocker TBH.

I do want it fixed but I was looking at just how many Olinemen were gonna be taken and it's like, do you want the 2nd or 3rd best edge or do you want the 8th best Oline prospect.

Plus we need a gaurd. You can get a guard in later rounds (admittedly it would really help if we had 3rd and 4th rounders)

Reach? Need?
Big time reach with the pick. He does not fill a need on OL or DL?
He is extremely talented but very raw. Needs power and physicality in his play. He will be a speed rusher
They have missed with Jordan and Harris in the past here with guys that had speed but no power. Robinson is very similar to the previous two busts.

Hope I am wrong and he would have been a great 2nd round selection but he does not fit a need.

Concerned about lack of production at the college level. Will he be the next Charles Harris or Dion Jordan? Maybe with Chubb and Phillips to show him the ropes that won't be the case.

I'll say that I was relieved Latu and Verse were off the board, and Robinson checks more boxes for me as a prospect than those guys. I harped on the age, athletic limitations, and the overall lack of potential in Latu and Verse. I don't ever see them being top-tier players, and Robinson has that within his potential outcomes.

Glad you found the outlier bro, kudos!

EDIT: He was also drafted in the 3rd round. Where project players SHOULD be drafted.
It’s not an outlier. Leonard Floyd had 4.5 sacks the season before he came out. Nick Bosa never had more than 8.5 sacks in a season in college. Through his first three college seasons (Chop has only played three), Aidan Hutchinson had 4.5 sacks. He didn’t blow up until his senior year. TJ Watt had exactly zero sacks in his first three college seasons—again, didn’t blow up until senior year (which Chop skipped). Justin Madubuike had 5.5 sacks the year he came out. Kayvon Thibodeaux had 3 sacks and 7 sacks his last two years of college. Micah Parsons is the best edge in the NFL and didn’t even play edge in college. He was an ILB who had 6.5 career sacks in college.

Elite sack production in college means virtually nothing for NFL success. Especially for a player coming out as a true junior.

Back
Top Bottom