Chop | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

Since Chop vs Michigan is a topic of conversation. Here are his snaps vs Michigan.

There was a post saying he was trash against the run because he didn't record a tackle in that game. Watching the tape, he sure as hell had an impact on the run-game, in that he forced the runner into tackles often. And on pass rushes where he wasn't lined up out wide, he was double-teamed on almost EVERY play, and held on most of them as well lol...he definitely compares to Cam Wake in that department.

I'll say one thing...he gets to the QB FAST! Really hoping he can translate his game into the NFL level.

I would have liked the pick better if we had traded down and picked up a 3rd. Grier was probably not getting any offers that would have made it worthwhile to trade down.

Edge rusher was definitely a need with Phillips and Chubb coming off major injuries. I wanted Verse but Robinson might have more upside.

We said the same thing Iowa does not score Chopped or not lol
Man I really don’t want to disrespect anybody straight up but using Iowas offense to justify the Robinson pick is downright insane.

They are the worst offensive football team I have ever seen and this is the modern era of football where points have never been easier to score.

For all of Iowa's issues scoring they always have a very good OL, let's not kid ourselves there. We can absolutely dunk on them for sucking on offense though. The AD flat out told Ferentz that his kid's offense had to average 20 ppg to keep his job and he couldn't even do that.

There was a post saying he was trash against the run because he didn't record a tackle in that game. Watching the tape, he sure as hell had an impact on the run-game, in that he forced the runner into tackles often. And on pass rushes where he wasn't lined up out wide, he was double-teamed on almost EVERY play, and held on most of them as well lol...he definitely compares to Cam Wake in that department.

I'll say one thing...he gets to the QB FAST! Really hoping he can translate his game into the NFL level.

People get way too caught up in stats (and I will fully admit I'm guilty of it at times), but they don't tell the entire story.

No surprise! We desperately need IOL and Grier picks an average/project pass rusher. I really think Grier sucks in the draft. This feels like taking Harris over TJ watt. What is he thinking? Hope I’m wrong and chop is great.

Personally, I wasn't that high on Chop. He was the 4th edge for me.

IMO he has some elite traits. His first step is incredible and his speed continues throughout the rush. He has elite bend. He has a high motor. His win % as a pass rusher was among the best in the country. But he doesn't have an arsenal of pass rush moves. His hand usage is poor. The hands are quick but all he does is swipe down on the OL's hands. That's not going to work against good NFL OL. Against the run, he's pretty inconsistent. He has some highlight plays, but when blockers get their hands on him he gets washed out too often and he seems to get knocked off his feet too much.

He wouldn't have been my pick, but he isn't a horrible pick. He is an elite athlete at a premium position with a high ceiling. He was definitely worth a first round pick. He will be a rotational pass rusher immediately and can reasonably be expected to be a plus defensive starter down the line.

I would have liked the pick better if we had traded down and picked up a 3rd. Grier was probably not getting any offers that would have made it worthwhile to trade down.

Edge rusher was definitely a need with Phillips and Chubb coming off major injuries. I wanted Verse but Robinson might have more upside.
Grier said in his presser they were active on the phones, but didn't get anything worked out. Even mentioned they were trying to move up into the late 1st round for a few guys, but couldn't get anything done.

I really think (or hope) we could have killed it with our drafting over the last few years. I think Grier is average at best and the fans could’ve drafted better.

Back
Top Bottom