Chop | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

my grade for this pick is a big stinking wet fart. i am never ever ever ever ever using a first or even a 2nd round pick on a player that did not produce in college. never ever ever. i could care less about what metrics are put up at the combine. that is what the olympics are for. football is about production. if you want to take a flyer on someone with good combine metrics, do it later in the draft. first round is for guys that actually produce. and ps, i didnt hear one person AHEAD of time calling for this guy to be the Dolphins pick.

Last edited:
CHOP WELCOME ABOARD BROTHER! I've got a good feeling about this one. Thankfully he appears to be a smart kid too. I'm stoked to see what he can bring with this new defensive coordinator coaching him up!
I noticed that as well...and a few other things (intangibles) I noticed that should instantly translate to the NFL are:

- Speed...can't coach it, either you have it or you don't, and he most certainly does.
- Film rat...reports are the kid is obsessed with watching film.
- Motor...I love it, I wish more of our guys had it, this is an underrated trait IMO.

The more I watch game clips of this kid, the more I'm OK with the pick. As Chambers so aptly pointed out, stats don't tell the whole story. This kid is impressive outside of gaudy sack numbers. I'm all-in for watching him grow as an NFL edge. PFF rated 3rd/4th best edge in college, and he went to "Linebacker U." Consensus top 20, many having him top 10 or 15 of all 2024 draft prospects.

Hoping for a very good OL tomorrow!

To be fair Iowas offense is trash year in and year out lol they win games 15-9 all year lol
I just watch one player in isolation, movement skills, explosiveness, strength, footwork, I don’t see him losing the ball or being miss directed out of plays often.

Iowa is a well coached Oline, not their fault they have no skill players or Qb

There are other games we can go through.. I think maybe take another hard look. Or don’t, I saw a very worthy first round talent with high upside, I see football skills combines with great athleticism.

If he’s got the right work ethic he ain’t gonna bust with that motor

my grade for this pick is a big stinking wet fart. i am never ever ever ever ever using a first or even a 2nd round pick on a player that did not produce in college. never ever ever. i could care less about what metrics are put up at the combine. that is what the olympics are for. football is about production. if you want to take a flyer on someone with good combine metrics, do it later in the draft. first round is for guys that actually produce. and ps, i didnt here one person AHEAD of time calling for this guy to be the Dolphins pick.
I didn’t bother looking at him because of the perception.kind of what you’re saying in this post.my fault

I noticed that as well...and a few other things (intangibles) I noticed that should instantly translate to the NFL are:

- Speed...can't coach it, either you have it or you don't, and he most certainly does.
- Film rat...reports are the kid is obsessed with watching film.
- Motor...I love it, I wish more of our guys had it, this is an underrated trait IMO.

The more I watch game clips of this kid, the more I'm OK with the pick. As Chambers so aptly pointed out, stats don't tell the whole story. This kid is impressive outside of gaudy sack numbers. I'm all-in for watching him grow as an NFL edge. PFF rated 3rd/4th best edge in college, and he went to "Linebacker U." Consensus top 20, many having him top 10 or 15 of all 2024 draft prospects.

Hoping for a very good OL tomorrow!
the PFF grade contradicts the sack number and so does the tape..

Anyone can see how’s he’s disrupting the timing of the offense without getting numbers..I can also see wbs changing their tempo because of him

What happened to this fan base? Some of you seem to revel in misery. What the heck do you know about how the coaching staff views Chop Robinson? We've done a decent job here over the past few years of developing pass rushers between Van Ginkel, Phillips, Sieler. Even Ogbah got significantly better after joining this team. Robinson, who has more athletic talent than all of those guys combined is already a bust? Some of you "experts" comparing him to Charles Harris, who had none of those athletic traits... smfh

Sadly the one player I didn't want.......a real reach, a development player.

Great athleticism, developmental, could be something great..........when you need 1st round players to start and win battles day 1.

This prick Grier is a snake oil salesman!

Awful pick imo at #22

Sadly the one player I didn't want.......a real reach, a development player.

Great athleticism, developmental, could be something great..........when you need 1st round players to start and win battles day 1.

This prick Grier is a snake oil salesman!

Awful pick imo at #22
I don’t see any lack of instincts on the player so we don’t have to develope that part of his game..The motor and measurables combination is super rare, those two are givens.

Looks like he’s got the worth ethic from reports I’m listening to..check there.

Also don’t see a one trick pony rushing the passer, kid can play the run with power and uncanny leverage

Put the kid on the field day one and let him play the game he’s been playing since he was five, his words

My questions why there, why our 1st? We have pocket disrupters with Phillips. Sure, Chubb needs a replacement in 2 years, not now. Making the argument about injury, sure, not in the 1st. We have a year on that. CB and OL need replacements NOW and in the future. His skill set just doesn't make sense to me and also, for all the drama of this being Mike McDaniel's first time being able to pick we go Defense?

Okay, splat.

Just throwing out my disappointment in the pick at position, not necessarily the player. Chop is good, and I'm not upset about HIM. I'm upset we went with that position because it was BPA.
At least you are open and honest about your "altered reality" issues. - LOL

For those saying this is Charles Harris 2.0, you’re very far off. This guy is an athletic freak with lots of explosiveness. He depends on his speed, he will definitely need to work on his hand game and add a few moves. B Belichik had him at 20 on his big board, few other sources had him around there too. Good pick, BPA and a position of need. You cant tell me we already have Chubb and Phillips, but who do we have beyond that. Barrett is a shell of who he used to be.

I’ve never been fond of drafting a G in the first round, you can find value there day 2. I would have preferred one of those good tackles taken before us, someone we could plug in at G and eventually be Armsteads replacement. But those guys were long gone and this wasn’t a bad pick.

Last edited:
Seems like a high upside pick at a premier position. Don't love it but don't hate it.

That's exactly it. Outside of Turner, Robinson has the highest ceiling of any of the Edges in the class. With all the twists and games this D runs, his speed and quickness alone should help him see some success early, but if he puts it together, you're talking about a guy offenses have to game plan for.

NFL.com with a Micah Parsons comp…

If you take Chop's RAS score as a LB (like they did with Parsons) instead of a DE this is what it looks like...

Screenshot_2024_03_29_at_7.45.08_AM.png

Can see why Grier drafted him, his athleticism is off the charts and he is only 21. Latu and Verse who people liked are only 18 months younger than Jaelen Phillips who is going into his 4th year.
Chop will likely be a situational pass rusher this year (and how we would have loved to have some late in the season against the Titans etc) while they coach him up on the other parts of the game. He's got 3 pro bowl calibre players to learn from this year.

I always thought they would go either Edge or WR with the first pick (due to Grier picking expensive positions) but was still hoping for a trade down. I don't mind the pick, it's shooting for the moon and if they coach him up properly he has the potential to be one of the best edge rushers in the league.

Back
Top Bottom