Chop | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

Right

You offered no analysis just your hatred for the pick
How easy it that

You and no one else on this board know these players and what they’ll turn into bust or success

But just to put things into perspective. We lost our four pass rushers to injuries and FA. So I think the pick made some sort of sense
Duh
Stop bringing common sense to these forums

To close the talk on Chop let me put it this way.

For OL I do not think the gap from Graham Barton to JPJ, Frazier, Haynes, Mahogoney, Puni, or McCormick is that significant.

For WR I thin the top 3 guys were close, and then there's about 10 guys who are all really close.

For Edge it was Latu/Chop/Turner/Verse then a HUGE drop off to the next guy

Which would be fine if he 6’6/6’7 like JP.

He goes 6’2 7/8… not even 6’3.

Just smh
Uhh, this is football, not basketball. It is a game of leverage. Low man wins most of the time. Quibbling over an inch or two of height on an edge rusher is just looking for some snivel and whine about.
Just smh

In all seriousness, Chop isn’t ready to start. I wouldn’t be surprised if the team has him come off the bench even with Chubb and Phillips out. He is the definition of a boom or bust prospect; all the athleticism is there but he has never put any of it together on the field.
So, his teammates on the 2nd ranked college defense voted him defensive MVP just for the hell of it?

To close the talk on Chop let me put it this way.

For OL I do not think the gap from Graham Barton to JPJ, Frazier, Haynes, Mahogoney, Puni, or McCormick is that significant.

For WR I thin the top 3 guys were close, and then there's about 10 guys who are all really close.

For Edge it was Latu/Chop/Turner/Verse then a HUGE drop off to the next guy
Personally I agree that the drop from the top 4 Edge guys to the next tier was huge, but I also had a large gap between Barton and the next tier OL. I think that Barton's position flexibility is a huge difference maker. WR is more of a mixed bag. For example, I wouldn't be surprised if a guy like Roman Wilson became the most productive of that tier if he landed in a good situation.

Like they said..he needs secondary move. Our new D coordinator is known to coach them up. Needs to do that here.
The new OLB coach, Ryan Crow, really likes him and wanted him, and put together a package of compelling evidence why that he presented to McDaniel and Grier. Crow is the guy who will really shape the early years of Chop's career.

He has nothing in common with Harris. Harris was an undersized, brutally terrible athlete who had great production in college. Chop is almost the opposite. He is an absolutely elite, top of the draft caliber athlete who didn’t produce very much. But he had an elite pressure rate for an elite defense, so the lack of production should be taken in appropriate context.
How dare you make so much sense!! I tell ya, when anyone says Chop is another Harris is just letting everyone know they have never watched Chop without saying they have never watched Chop. They're just dudes that look at the stat line and base all their ignorance on that.

Why so many Charles Harris comparisons?

Harris ran a 4.82
Harris had two redeeming qualities. A quick first step and a decent inside spin move. He put up most of his sack totals in bunches against low level OTs who are currently working at the local Waffle Hut.

one more thought. the team feels soft. too much speed and finesse, not enough nasty. didn't seem to translate against the better teams, or on the road, and in the cold. i thought we might try and get a little bigger and nastier, especially in the trenches. nope. one more speed guy, who amongst other things, appears not to be strong enough yet. i struggle with the pick in the context of the non-positional weaknesses we have, which is the overall finesse/speed orientation of the team.

At that point he can still be backup, while developing some needed skills in real time.

I think next year we will be really glad we have him, especially if we lose Phillips.
More likely we lose Chubb after next season. The long term Edge combo should be JP and Chop. JP will be re-signed.

Back
Top Bottom