Chop | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

Bro again… for every Freeney/Dumervil… they’re another 1000 you’ve never heard of.

You can’t assume this dude is going to turn into an all pro caliber player like the guys you named.
You can say the same thing about guys that have ideal length.

Bro I offered plenty of analysis.

The only analysis you need is to watch the Penn St/Michigan tape from last year.

Watch that film and then talk to me boss.

I fully understand picking an EDGE. My gripe isn’t about the position. It’s about the player period.
What?? Michigan passed 7 times that game because chop was a menace every time they tried. Feel like you are using the wrong game here

What?? Michigan passed 7 times that game because chop was a menace every time they tried. Feel like you are using the wrong game here
Again… they didn’t pass bc they didn’t have to pass.

Theirs a difference here. Why risk passing when you don’t have to?

Everybody is saying oh we have to rush the passer…. Yeah that’s true but that’s only 50% of an EDGE rushers job. You also have to be able to set the edge and stop the run.

That’s why Michigan lined up and ran the ball… over… and over… and over.

Even though Penn St knew it was coming… they couldn’t stop it. Now of course all that doesn’t fall squarely on Chops shoulders but he absolutely shoulders some of that blame.

Chop Robinson vs Michigan.

For those who says Michigan ran AT Robinson all game.

I’ll tell you one thing, Michigan sure was aware of Robinson when they were passing. He was killing them on one on one blocks the first few plays, but they started doubling him once he started wrecking them early. At the 7:32 mark of the second video Robinson does a great job of setting the edge on that running play. He may not be the best defensive end I’ve ever seen against the run but he’s far from a liability. It looks to me like his biggest weakness against the run is his ability to locate the ball sometimes.

Last edited:
Exactly. All of the people on here saying he won't be a contributor right away are out of their mind.
Well, Van Noy was on his way to being out of the league before going to NE in his 4th year.

Not sure that is the trajectory I would be hoping for.

Just saying......

Well, Van Noy was on his way to being out of the league before going to NE in his 4th year.

Not sure that is the trajectory I would be hoping for.

Just saying......
I wasn’t comparing Robinson to Van Noy in any way as players. I was just pointing out at the minimum, Robinson will have a similar role as Van Noy as a rookie and that the people saying that Miami didn’t draft a player in the first round that will contribute this year are way off base.

Back
Top Bottom