DE Mohamed Kamara | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE Mohamed Kamara

Zach was a six rounder because of his size. 5'11.They had to notice his tackling in college. Ray Lewis went in the 1st round that year I believe at 6'4 260. Lewis was a true beast but Zach wasn't much of a drop-off from Lewis.

JT went in the third round.

There is value in every round.

Just gotta get lucky and hope the player can make the transition from college to the pros.

Good coaching
Healthy diet
No off field issues
Etc

That and more going on that Depend on the players outcome in the nfl.
I had made a Zach/Mo comparison in a post in the 347 Club a few days ago along similar lines. I find that the great players aren't always the guy with every great measurable. It's often the guys witha few elite, relevant traits that have the football IQ to use those traits to their best advantage.

Zach went later b/c of his size but he had elite quickness, strength (for an ILB) and an elite football IQ. His ability to understand how to use those traits is what made him great. Mo also had elite quickness and elite strength/explosiveness (vertical and broad jump), but went later due to size. (It wasn't really size as much as length/height. His weight is fine). His college tape shows great football IQ. It's why he was so productive. If he can duplicate that level of football IQ at the pro level then he has pro bowl potential.

Zach was a six rounder because of his size. 5'11.They had to notice his tackling in college. Ray Lewis went in the 1st round that year I believe at 6'4 260. Lewis was a true beast but Zach wasn't much of a drop-off from Lewis.

JT went in the third round.

There is value in every round.

Just gotta get lucky and hope the player can make the transition from college to the pros.

Good coaching
Healthy diet
No off field issues
Etc

That and more going on that Depend on the players outcome in the nfl.
Zach was a 5th round draft pick, same reason

I had made a Zach/Mo comparison in a post in the 347 Club a few days ago along similar lines. I find that the great players aren't always the guy with every great measurable. It's often the guys witha few elite, relevant traits that have the football IQ to use those traits to their best advantage.

Zach went later b/c of his size but he had elite quickness, strength (for an ILB) and an elite football IQ. His ability to understand how to use those traits is what made him great. Mo also had elite quickness and elite strength/explosiveness (vertical and broad jump), but went later due to size. (It wasn't really size as much as length/height. His weight is fine). His college tape shows great football IQ. It's why he was so productive. If he can duplicate that level of football IQ at the pro level then he has pro bowl potential.

Mo? Do you mean Ray?

Mine too….kid seems like a dog, and he seems to want it bad.

I like Chop, but I think Mo might be more impactful for us year one.
Well, this will be a good test. Interesting to see how it plays out. Drafting based on actual on field production vs higher potential/ceiling.

You're wrong, 6'3" 235 is his combine recorded height weight. Nobody grows 2.5 inches in their 20's unless they get them dick pills lol.

I am taller than Ray Lewis. I’ve stood directly across from him. I’m almost exactly 6’2”.

EDIT: If you must know, I’m 6’1-7/8”. My uncle, who was a huge University of Miami booster, never let me have that extra 1/8”.

In an act of vengeance, I married a tall woman. My son is 6’3”.

Last edited:
I am taller than Ray Lewis. I’ve stood directly across from him. I’m almost exactly 6’2”.

EDIT: If you must know, I’m 6’1-7/8”. My uncle, who was a huge University of Miami booster, never let me have that extra 1/8”.

In an act of vengeance, I married a tall woman. My son is 6’3”.
Nice!!
Been hard to be a Canes fan these days!
I'm 6'8- 7/8" married a midget 5'2" son is 5'7" lol daughter is 5'8" ffs...should've been smarter lol and bred with a 6 footer lol

Nice!!
Been hard to be a Canes fan these days!
I'm 6'8- 7/8" married a midget 5'2" son is 5'7" lol daughter is 5'8" ffs...should've been smarter lol and bred with a 6 footer lol
Thats's hysterical! I should have had kids with my 2cd wife, she's Dutch 5'10" great athlete.

I think it was the fact he is 25 yo.

The guys on ESPN, Mel Kiper and company absolutely love the pick.
This guy has everything you want.
My question is why did he not go till the 5th round.
He had 13 sacks last season.
Lack of size. Doesn't fit the measurables teams look for.

But I love that he's got a chip on his shoulder. Hope he proves alot of teams wrong for passing him up.

Lack of size. Doesn't fit the measurables teams look for.

But I love that he's got a chip on his shoulder. Hope he proves alot of teams wrong for passing him up.
Wasn't that the same reason Vikings hall of fame pass rusher, John Randle was drafted in 6th rd too? He was undersized but like you said, it's the fight in the guy and chip on his shoulder. Randle, definitely had that motor and chip on his shoulder and was evident from his play. I'm not saying kamara will be anything like Randle, but it's good that he has that spirit in him as it's what players who are seen as lacking something. What they have that allows them to make up for it and be good or great

Back
Top Bottom