Dolphins Have $4.8mm Cap Space Going to $23.3mm June 1, Next Year Down From ~$65mm to $35mm | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Have $4.8mm Cap Space Going to $23.3mm June 1, Next Year Down From ~$65mm to $35mm

When Tua's new contract is done, it'll save Miami somewhere between $10m-$12m in 2024 cap, which will be added to the expected $23m after June 1st. Whatever is left over will be carried over into 2025. As for 2025, Miami will have 4 ginormous contracts to deal with; in Armstead, Ramsey, Hill, and Chubb. I think it's possible both Armstead and Chubb are released with Hill and Ramsey potentially being extended? All of which will help save money against the cap for Miami in 2025. There are several factors regarding how much money Miami will actually have, in 2025. One of which is Tua's new deal and how it counts against the 2025 cap? And what Miami does with Hill?

Good post OP, very informative if not redundant as we knew that the FO 'kicked the can down the road' a bit. One thing to keep in mind is the future, as in the compensatory picks on the board for now. Maybe the reason OBJ left is because we could only offer him something like $1.79 Mill without losing one of those third rounders?

OMG that Byron Jones forgot about him. Giving me bad flashbacks. I think he totally ripped us off and just sat out a year too. They should have not paid him under the notion of conduct detrimental to the team or something of that ilk. I don't believe his injury excuse, it really seems like something he could have played through and I think the Dolphins believed that as well
Well to be fair to him, he hasnt played football since

OMG that Byron Jones forgot about him. Giving me bad flashbacks. I think he totally ripped us off and just sat out a year too. They should have not paid him under the notion of conduct detrimental to the team or something of that ilk. I don't believe his injury excuse, it really seems like something he could have played through and I think the Dolphins believed that as well
Nonsense. Byron's ankle and Achilles injury left him unable to run or jump and forced him into retirement at a relatively young age. If he had been gaming his injury, another NFL team would have given him a look given his resume.

Good post OP, very informative if not redundant as we knew that the FO 'kicked the can down the road' a bit. One thing to keep in mind is the future, as in the compensatory picks on the board for now. Maybe the reason OBJ left is because we could only offer him something like $1.79 Mill without losing one of those third rounders?
dunno. but they have conversations about money prior to the meeting, so whatever happened with the money was probably no surprise for either side. dolphins probably said this is what we can pay, if you cant do better, come back to us

Well to be fair to him, he hasnt played football since

Armstead is 100% gone after this year. We'll make him a June cut.

9. Dalton Risner, G​

2023 team: Minnesota Vikings | Age in 2024 season: 29

Risner's pass block win rate of 95.5% ranked fifth among guards in 2023, and he allowed two sacks on the season. He can anchor in pass protection and displays a strong and rugged play style as a run-blocker. Gap run teams should take a look at his tape.

9. Dalton Risner, G​

2023 team: Minnesota Vikings | Age in 2024 season: 29

Risner's pass block win rate of 95.5% ranked fifth among guards in 2023, and he allowed two sacks on the season. He can anchor in pass protection and displays a strong and rugged play style as a run-blocker. Gap run teams should take a look at his tape.
We are not a gap run team.

The last line explains everything.

When Tua's new contract is done, it'll save Miami somewhere between $10m-$12m in 2024 cap, which will be added to the expected $23m after June 1st. Whatever is left over will be carried over into 2025. As for 2025, Miami will have 4 ginormous contracts to deal with; in Armstead, Ramsey, Hill, and Chubb. I think it's possible both Armstead and Chubb are released with Hill and Ramsey potentially being extended? All of which will help save money against the cap for Miami in 2025. There are several factors regarding how much money Miami will actually have, in 2025. One of which is Tua's new deal and how it counts against the 2025 cap? And what Miami does with Hill?
Armstead won’t be here in 2025. Chubb may not be either. Ramsey and Hill I would imagine stay.

Armstead won’t be here in 2025. Chubb may not be either. Ramsey and Hill I would imagine stay.
Armstead would carry 18.5 million in dead cap with a savings of only 3.5 million so he may be back in 25.

Chubb would be 27 million in dead money with a savings of just under 2 million so I can't see why they would move on from him.

Cutting both would save 5.5 million and carry 45.5 million in Dead Cap! :bnkr:

We are not a gap run team.

The last line explains everything.
i get it...but he can pass block....still young. also this does not mean he cant do what we need him to do. i feel like would rather take my chances with him than what we have now at guard, for better or for worse this is the pickle we are in now. on a separate note, these are the numbers i just saw on tyreek. i am probably a little behind on this one. amazing how much was shoved out until 2026

Hill is scheduled to command $31.3 million against the salary cap in 2024 and $34.2 million next year. But it’s $56.3 million in 2026. At the same time, releasing him would save the Dolphins only $11.6 million in 2025 but $45 million in 2026. No way, then, that 2026 plays out under the current parameters.

Armstead would carry 18.5 million in dead cap with a savings of only 3.5 million so he may be back in 25.

Chubb would be 27 million in dead money with a savings of just under 2 million so I can't see why they would move on from him.

But what does Chubb and Armstead save as a post June 1st cuts?

Armstead Post June 1st saves $14.3m

Chubb post June 1st saves $20.4m

Last edited:

Well **** me then.

i get it...but he can pass block....still young. also this does not mean he cant do what we need him to do. i feel like would rather take my chances with him than what we have now at guard, for better or for worse this is the pickle we are in now. on a separate note, these are the numbers i just saw on tyreek. i am probably a little behind on this one. amazing how much was shoved out until 2026

Hill is scheduled to command $31.3 million against the salary cap in 2024 and $34.2 million next year. But it’s $56.3 million in 2026. At the same time, releasing him would save the Dolphins only $11.6 million in 2025 but $45 million in 2026. No way, then, that 2026 plays out under the current parameters.
We are not a gap run team. Our linemen MUST be mobile. He isn't.

A lineman who cant hit his marks means that Mostert and Achane would be useless. They are not power backs who can bust through narrow gaps. This is basic to understanding how modern line play works.

...and the reason that no one else has signed him is that fewer and fewer teams use gap blocking any longer.

Square peg, round hole.

We are not a gap run team. Our linemen MUST be mobile. He isn't.

A lineman who cant hit his marks means that Mostert and Achane would be useless. They are not power backs who can bust through narrow gaps. This is basic to understanding how modern line play works.

...and the reason that no one else has signed him is that fewer and fewer teams use gap blocking any longer.

Square peg, round hole.
Who do you think the veteran guard is the dolphins are talking to?

Who do you think the veteran guard is the dolphins are talking to?
No clue... but it doesn't really matter. Whoever it is... he's just a backup plan if the draft doesn't go our way.

Teams always have a disaster list.

We'll call you if we have an injury.

Back
Top Bottom