Dolphins owner Stephen Ross turns down $10 billion offer for control of team, stadium and F1 race. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross turns down $10 billion offer for control of team, stadium and F1 race.

I'm not sure that 95% is accurate. I believe he bought 95% and then sold off one percent pieces to various celebs. But in any event, it has been reported that a Ross spokesperson has said they internally value the team at $6 million. Adding games and future anticipated growth would already be accounted for by any savvy businessperson and pretty much anyone with the coin to buy an NFL would qualify as a savvy businessperson (with rare exceptions).

It is. He bought 50% and stadium as well as surrounding land in 2008 then 45% in 2009. He’s never sold any, the other celebrity owners have come from the 5% he’s never owned.

The name Hard Rock I find odd.

Hard Rock-'n'-roll?

Most rocks I have thrown have been pretty hard.

Never heard of Soft Rocks. Soft rock-'n'-roll I guess exists. Ozzy ever do Soft Rock @Danny ?

I have been in their cafes and hotels and don't remember hard rock blaring out of speakers.

Oh well could be worse. Stephen Ross Stadium.

10 billion huh? How much is the minority share of buffalo bring flogged for? Maybe Ross can buy them and just close it all down.
Ozzy has done some ballads over the years but it's still not soft rock and there were some great guitar solos on those ballads as well.

He doesn't need the money good for him deciding he would rather keep his nice toys even if another offer like that doesn't come up in his lifetime. Unless he had a plan in place to buy even more fun assets with the proceeds I don't see why he would ever sell.
He took the meeting which means he’s willing to sell. He just wanted more money.

Way more. Commanders were just bought for 6 billion. Miami’s yearly revenue is 600 million while commanders is 545 million. Considering current state of each franchise, Miami is atleast a contender while commanders are years away atleast. Not to mention I’d imagine owning a team in beautiful sunny Miami far outweighs Washington, Maryland…
Washington has always been one of the 3 most valued franchises. They are worth more than Miami. That being said, it’s been a year since they sold so Miami may be worth more than 6 in 2024

I very much like Ross as an owner

Remember Dolphins were #1 in players satisfaction or something…Facility, food quality, travel experience, family care etc.

This things matter, and are completely discretional for owners, so Ross definitely is doing his part

No way. Cowboys are worth 10. Dolphins probably worth 6-7 right now. Ross wants more than 10 for the stadium etc
seems like chump change in this modern time

Amazon Google worth trillions and an nfl team with a measly 7 bill

They need to get a Priest to get rid of the hex placed on Hard Rock Stadium.
We were good playing at the orange bowl.
Rename it back to Joe Robbie Stadium and all will be right in the world

He doesn't need the money and he's old, he doesn't have that much time left. When he passes he'll pass on this massive asset to his kids. I'd do the same if I was him.

Glad to see Ross remain.

Better to dance with the devil you know than the devil you don’t.

Yes, he has been bungling. Started with the Harbaugh / Sparano incident. And the mess with Brady. Although the penalties were draconian; yet he was fundamentally right to fire Flores.

But he has spent a ton to radically upgrade the stadium and fan experience. The training facility is top tier. The Dolphins as an organization are at the top among players. And he’s willing to spend and generally let the football people do their job. And he doesn’t appear to be a jerk like Bidwell. Or a cheapskate.

I can’t complain at all about an owner who wants to provide that and win.

Back
Top Bottom