Dolphins pick up 5th yr option on Waddle and Phillips | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins pick up 5th yr option on Waddle and Phillips

I just looked at ovethecap.com and we currently have $31.8M in cap space fo 2025 without counting the 5th year options for Phillips and Waddle. With their combined $28.7M for their 5th year options that will only leave us about $3M in cap space for 2025.

I don't know how Grier is going to sign Tua to a long term contract extension of around $50M annually.
Umm, with a pen perhaps?

1713305670135.gif

I just looked at ovethecap.com and we currently have $31.8M in cap space fo 2025 without counting the 5th year options for Phillips and Waddle. With their combined $28.7M for their 5th year options that will only leave us about $3M in cap space for 2025.

I don't know how Grier is going to sign Tua to a long term contract extension of around $50M annually.

Overthecap has cap at 260. It’s 255 this season. No chance it’s 260 next season. Should be closer to 275-280. Miami may not use all of Howard’s June 1st money so may possibly role over 10 million to next year as well. Armstead will most likely be gone as well. Number will more than likely be closer to 60-70 million under which may go quick between Tua/waddle/Phillips/Holland but won’t be in any crazy trouble or anything. Should return similar team to this year.

Last edited:
Armstead's release will free up about 14m. That will cover one of them... after that, we'll have to get creative and push more money down into later years.
Plus... Tua's first year salary is likely to be low.

I think some of the plays involving Waddle and Hill need to be changed. The play that Hill got hurt on should be tossed from the playbook. It's that behind the LOS quick pass to the right. There was coverage all over the play and Tua threw it out there anyway. Tyreek has to make a difficult catch on a slow moving football that by the time it gets to him it's hammer time and our best receiver got hurt on that play and was never the same. Waddle keeps getting sent over the middle and thats fine if you don't loft the ball and hang your guy out to dry. You got Safetys bearing down on him at full speed and he taking crazy hits for no reason. He was also injured and not much use down the stretch although he was in games. Waddle and Hill were maybe 3/4 speed late in the season.
So, stop designing plays that risk your best players. Let other receivers run these patterns and keep our premier players healthy. On the Hill play a lineman had his hand up and Tua had to throw a difficult pass that was a little off but it's a lateral so it has to be caught or it's a live ball. So much can go wrong with that play, please lose it! Thank yoy!

I think some of the plays involving Waddle and Hill need to be changed. The play that Hill got hurt on should be tossed from the playbook. It's that behind the LOS quick pass to the right. There was coverage all over the play and Tua threw it out there anyway. Tyreek has to make a difficult catch on a slow moving football that by the time it gets to him it's hammer time and our best receiver got hurt on that play and was never the same. Waddle keeps getting sent over the middle and thats fine if you don't loft the ball and hang your guy out to dry. You got Safetys bearing down on him at full speed and he taking crazy hits for no reason. He was also injured and not much use down the stretch although he was in games. Waddle and Hill were maybe 3/4 speed late in the season.
So, stop designing plays that risk your best players. Let other receivers run these patterns and keep our premier players healthy. On the Hill play a lineman had his hand up and Tua had to throw a difficult pass that was a little off but it's a lateral so it has to be caught or it's a live ball. So much can go wrong with that play, please lose it! Thank yoy!

If I never see another wide receiver screen I’ll be the happiest man alive. Such a dumb play call. Go forward, not backwards. Want to see much more positive short passes in the 4-10 yard range rather than behind the LoS plays.

While I'd like to agree with you... sadly, I can't. I firmly believe that Waddle's best game is in the middle of the field.
He isn't tall... he isn't going to dominate on the sidelines. For better or worse, his arena is in the middle of the field, trying not to get killed.

If I never see another wide receiver screen I’ll be the happiest man alive. Such a dumb play call. Go forward, not backwards. Want to see much more positive short passes in the 4-10 yard range rather than behind the LoS plays.
RBs should get the ball there...

Sadly... we don't have one that excels there.

Your coach aint smart enough to see the play is negative on so many levels

Back
Top Bottom