Dolphins Worst Roster since 2000 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Worst Roster since 2000

I'd like to nominate Jay Cutler just for the amount of money the team paid to him and the shocking lack of effort he gave. He's definitely not the worst QB but at least should be mentioned.

Of course they sort of expected it from Jay Cutler but man, talk about bare minimum.

And I feel like Will Fuller is up there as well for the same reason. We still do not know what kept him out of pretty much every game in his lone season here. Another colossal waste of money.

Was bored tonight so started to think of the all time worst Dolphins roster I could create. There are a couple I didn’t include that potentially could be like Cris Carter and Bryant McKinnie because both guys were mid season pickups after injuries. Didn’t seem right to include them. Anyway here it is…

QB: Ray Lucas (free agent; 2001)

HB: Daniel Thomas (2nd round pick; 2011)

WR: Ernest Wilford (free agent; 2008)

WR: Patrick Turner (3rd round pick; 2009)

WR: Leonte Carroo (3rd round pick; 2016)

TE: Michael Egnew (3rd round pick; 2012)

OT: Marc Colombo (free agent; 2011)/Tyson Clabo (free agent; 2013)

OT: Jonathan Martin (2nd round pick; 2012)

G: Dallas Thomas (3rd round pick; 2013)

G: Liam Eichenberg (2nd round pick; 2021

C: Jake Grove (free agent; 2009)

DE: Mario Williams (free agent; 2016)

DE: Dion Jordan (1st round pick; 2013)

DT: Manny Wright (5th round pick; 2005)

DT: Jordan Phillips (2nd round pick; 2015)

OLB: Phillip Wheeler (free agent; 2013)

MLB: Dannell Ellerbe (free agent; 2013)

OLB: Lawrence Timmons (free agent; 2017)

CB: Benny Sapp (trade; 2010)

CB: Jamar Fletcher (1st round pick; 2001)

CB: Noah Igbinoghene (1st round pick; 2020)

S: Jason Allen (1st round pick; 2006)

S: Cameron Worrell (free agent; 2007)

K: Caleb Sturgis (5th round pick; 2013)

P: Jake Bailey (free agent; 2023)

Couple of notes that I thought while doing and some of my thinking behind it.

- Lots of Jeff Ireland decisions on here

- QB was hard John Beck, Pat White, and Josh Rosen could be there. Ultimately went with Lucas because his trash play when Fiedler wax hurt cost us the playoffs. Beck and Rosen were on trash teams and White never started

- Marc Colombo/Tyson Clabo were a tie. Both were suppose to be one year stop happening guys who were once solid vets with nothing left in the tank.

- Jordan Phillips is the best player on this list. Doesn’t feel deserved, he was inconsistent but he made some good plays regularly. Honestly we haven’t had bad DT play.

- Didn’t include Eddie Moore because he hardly played then retired due to a neck injury. Dude was a bust though wouldn’t argue with someone placing him above Ellerbe.

- LS is the only position not included because no one was bad. We have had god tier play from Ed Perry, John Denney and Blake Ferguson.

Let me know what you think and who you’d add.
Loved this… once I got past the PAIN. All teams could have this list.. except maybe the Ravens, and a couple others. Of course, the entire Ravens team was bad the Cam Cameron year…. Bless their hearts.

Yup especially when they asked Marino about Yatil in year 3 when he was actually playing and his description of him was “Green”. Should have known the playbook by then.
Yeah um I'm calling BS on that. For one I've never heard of Marino calling out anyone for anything. He may of been a hard ass to players on GameDay but he never made comments like that especially publicly

I'd like to nominate Jay Cutler just for the amount of money the team paid to him and the shocking lack of effort he gave. He's definitely not the worst QB but at least should be mentioned.

Of course they sort of expected it from Jay Cutler but man, talk about bare minimum.

And I feel like Will Fuller is up there as well for the same reason. We still do not know what kept him out of pretty much every game in his lone season here. Another colossal waste of money.

Jay was picked up because of his relationship with Gase and his familiarity with Gase's offense. I thought we would have been better off sticking it out with Matt Moore that season (2017). Several Dolphins praised Cutler, though. I'm hesitant to put Cutler on the list because it was just a one-year deal. But I understand why people would include him.

Yeah um I'm calling BS on that. For one I've never heard of Marino calling out anyone for anything. He may of been a hard ass to players on GameDay but he never made comments like that especially publicly
Ok then Just carry on believing Yatil Green was a future hall of famer just derailed by injury if it’s that important to you.

Was bored tonight so started to think of the all time worst Dolphins roster I could create. There are a couple I didn’t include that potentially could be like Cris Carter and Bryant McKinnie because both guys were mid season pickups after injuries. Didn’t seem right to include them. Anyway here it is…

- QB was hard John Beck, Pat White, and Josh Rosen could be there. Ultimately went with Lucas because his trash play when Fiedler wax hurt cost us the playoffs. Beck and Rosen were on trash teams and White never started

- Marc Colombo/Tyson Clabo were a tie. Both were suppose to be one year stop happening guys who were once solid vets with nothing left in the tank.

- Jordan Phillips is the best player on this list. Doesn’t feel deserved, he was inconsistent but he made some good plays regularly. Honestly we haven’t had bad DT play.

- Didn’t include Eddie Moore because he hardly played then retired due to a neck injury. Dude was a bust though wouldn’t argue with someone placing him above Ellerbe.

- LS is the only position not included because no one was bad. We have had god tier play from Ed Perry, John Denney and Blake Ferguson.

Pat White literally could not throw the football as a qb picked in the 2nd round so he has to be the worst qb ever.

Coach/gm should be an option too imo..
I think Gase was the worst(recency bias maybe).. and the jets didn't learn from it!!
I know several coaches after Shula were a string of idiocy.. jj's decisions, saban, cameron, id even say Ireland could be listed.. Tannenbaum was highly detrimental..
So many choices!
Flores actually had a pretty creative defense, if you can set aside the rest of his drama

wow, that brings back a lot of bad memories....

Ok then Just carry on believing Yatil Green was a future hall of famer just derailed by injury if it’s that important to you.
Now your being an idiot. Where did I say he's a future hall of famer!!! I said injuries do not make you a bust. You understanding me or do I need to give you time to read it again. Clueless dipshit

So we can appreciate what we have now? :D
You require looking at that train wreck to appreciate what we have now? Don’t look back baby, look forward enjoy what we have now.

I know Yatil started in 1997 (prior to the time frame given in the thread title). Yatil was a world-beater for me in Gameday 98 and Madden 99 :lol:. Unfortunately, it never translated to the NFL.

His injuries obviously hurt, so we never got a true look at what he was/could have been. The fact he was still behind in knowing the playbook after missing 2 years with injuries is telling.
I’ll always remember we got him instead of Randy Moss…

Back
Top Bottom