Finalized my top 10 draft players for Miami! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finalized my top 10 draft players for Miami!

Miami's links to Worthy at this point are getting completely hysterical. Coach high fived him as he walked past and congratulated him on breaking the record, that's it. I'd be willing to bet McDaniel values AD Mitchell over Worthy, and they were in Texas to scout Byron Murphy anyway.

Miami's links to Worthy at this point are getting completely hysterical. Coach high fived him as he walked past and congratulated him on breaking the record, that's it. I'd be willing to bet McDaniel values AD Mitchell over Worthy, and they were in Texas to scout Byron Murphy anyway.
Texas used worthy eerily similar to how Miami uses Tyreek Hill. I think worthy has been almost under rated at this point because the 40 time and the John Ross comparisons. Also worth noting he did drop weight to break the record and he's got the height to bulk up some. I still think he's a boom or bust prospect but I don't think he's a track guy who just plays football.

Offense
1) Troy Fautanu
2) Graham Barton
3) Xavier Worthy
4) Jackson Powers-Johnson
5) Ricky Pearsall*

Defense
1) Byron Murphy
2) Jared Verse
3) Laiatu Latu
4) Jer'zhan Newton
5) Cooper DeJean

*Ricky Pearsall would be a trade down Candidate, would not want him at 21. Ideally he'd be our second round pick.
I respect this list. The only player I am not a fan of is Worthy. Our offense struggled to score TDs in the redzone vs good teams last year because all our skill guys are 1 dimensional. We need a WR who can fight through contact and has consistent hands (Hill and Waddle had a ton of drops last year). Personally speaking, there are 4-5 WRs I’d take over Worthy at 21 (even if it was a “reach” I’d still prefer them).

he's fast but he's only 165 lbs........not a player I'd take in the first round, let alone at 21

I agree.

Even if he was heavier, I still hope we go Linemen, but McDaniel loves his fast receivers.

I respect this list. The only player I am not a fan of is Worthy. Our offense struggled to score TDs in the redzone vs good teams last year because all our skill guys are 1 dimensional. We need a WR who can fight through contact and has consistent hands (Hill and Waddle had a ton of drops last year). Personally speaking, there are 4-5 WRs I’d take over Worthy at 21 (even if it was a “reach” I’d still prefer them).
Totally understandable, I really like Xavier Legette and Ricky Pearsall as guys who I think would fit better with our team. The thing that makes Worthy attractive is that he can be groomed to be the Jaylen Waddle replacement, when waddle eventually takes the Tyreek hill role. I think the fact Miami didn't restructure Hill is very telling that he may not be in the long term plans.

Totally understandable, I really like Xavier Legette and Ricky Pearsall as guys who I think would fit better with our team. The thing that makes Worthy attractive is that he can be groomed to be the Jaylen Waddle replacement, when waddle eventually takes the Tyreek hill role. I think the fact Miami didn't restructure Hill is very telling that he may not be in the long term plans.
I really like Legette. If this WR class wasn’t so loaded I would expect him to go late in the 1st. I am unsure where he will go. The talent and athleticism is there, but he is still raw as a WR. Would love to draft him if we somehow acquire an early 2nd round pick.

Though a receiver with our 1st pick might not be what I expected the direction we would go, with that type of speed on a 6'0+ is hard not to be excited at.

I hear Bills are hot and heavy with him being their guy, so them maybe trading up to get him might also be a possibility.

Personally I hope they do trade up thinking we're going to take him, mess up their draft in doing so, while we still get the Linemen we wanted. 😆
if you want a WR with speed then you can take Brian Thomas(4.33) who is bigger and stronger than Worthy who is only 165 lbs

if you want a WR with speed then you can take Brian Thomas(4.33) who is bigger and stronger than Worthy who is only 165 lbs
I honestly don't think he will be there at 21

I wouldn’t take 4 of the 5 guys you have listed on offense at pick 21

Offense
1) Troy Fautanu
2) Graham Barton
3) Xavier Worthy
4) Jackson Powers-Johnson
5) Ricky Pearsall*

Defense
1) Byron Murphy
2) Jared Verse
3) Laiatu Latu
4) Jer'zhan Newton
5) Cooper DeJean

*Ricky Pearsall would be a trade down Candidate, would not want him at 21. Ideally he'd be our second round pick.
Great List! You obviously put a lot of time and effort into creating this list and no doubt each player would benefit the Dolphins in some capacity. Although I really think they need to improve their offensive line, as per usual, I would go Defense with the 1st round pick. Murphy and Verse are my top two players to target in the first round. I don’t think WR is a need since that would be wasting a 1st would pick on a #3 WR and if they went BPA there’s no way a WR would be left on the board that is better then all the guys who will fall because of the run on QB’s, WR’s, etc. I’m a firm believer in 1st round picks being Day 1 starters and not “projects” or players that need to work hard to break into the starting lineup so I’m staying away from many players, especially offensive ones.

Back
Top Bottom