First Official Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Official Mock

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Round 1: Chop Robinson, EDGE, Penn. State

Analysis: Chubb and Phillips are coming back from serious injuries and we start the year with Shaq Barrett and Cameron Goode. At first I thought DT would be in play, and it may be, but I think Grier goes back to picking premium positions in the first and we get an exceptional pass rusher in Robinson with our first pick. Elite first step, great athleticism, tenacious, fast, only knock I have on him is arm length but hey that's why coaches get paid millions to scheme to the best of the players abilities. Chop off the edge is a serious disruption, and you have to account for his speed every single play that he's in there. Weaver is apparently all about rotating fresh players in, and what better way to slowly bring back our best pass rushers in by bringing another talent in to the mix. Chop, Chubb, Phillips, Barrett, and Goode sounds like a great rotation to last through the playoffs and make a serious run.

Round 2: Jaden Hicks, Safety, Washington State

Analysis: I see star potential with this guy. Speaking of star, he's a perfect fit in our 3 safety system now in the STAR role. Big hitter, ballhawk, sideline to sideline speed, moxy, great tackler. Very versatile, can play in the nickel, SS rover in our cover 3, and 2 high. Future best safety duo with Holland.

Round 5: Ainias Smith, Wide Receiver

Analysis: YAC monster Slot WR who is physical, fast, and shifty for his size. Known to be a good run blocker as well. Hill, Waddle, Smith, Jonnu would be an amazing WR/TE combo that I have no clue how you could stop when you also include Achane and Mostert out the backfield.

Round 6: Layden Robinson, Guard

Analysis: Road-grader RG with potential. Great arm length and large hands, could stand to gain 10 lbs. He needs polishing, but hey our OL coach did wonders his first year with the team so maybe we finally can develop some late round gems and not give out 100 million dollar contracts to Guards.

Round 7: Bub Means, Wide Receiver

Analysis: X receiver with size, speed, and can beat press.

Round 7: Jarrett Kingston, Guard/Center

Analysis: I would instantly move him to Center. Cerebral, agile, and explosive.

Definitely like all the players you picked. Not sure that's enough help on the offensive line, but unless there's a trade down it's going to be hard to check all the boxes.

Maybe Miami picks up another offensive linemen in free agency?

Chop Robinson makes sense. If Miami can add to the pass rush, that's always smart and it's a big need.

Hicks and Smith would be exciting adds.

Definitely like all the players you picked. Not sure that's enough help on the offensive line, but unless there's a trade down it's going to be hard to check all the boxes.

Maybe Miami picks up another offensive linemen in free agency?

Chop Robinson makes sense. If Miami can add to the pass rush, that's always smart and it's a big need.

Hicks and Smith would be exciting adds.

It was hard not to go OL with a high pick, but Grier has generally busted with high pick OL investments. I can see us signing another T and NT in FA to bring in more competition for cheap. Kendall Lamm and Josh Tupuo for example.

That is not entirely fair to Grier.

Jackson looks like a solid pick and Hunt was a good one as well.

Eich was a miss, as was passing on Humphrey so serious deductions there.

Dieter was not good but he is still kicking around the league so not a disaster in R3.

So not bad really, not great either.

Interesting. In your scenario are Verse and Latu already off the board? I feel like Robinson is one of those guys that could go much higher than expected or drop to the bottom of the first.

Interesting. In your scenario are Verse and Latu already off the board? I feel like Robinson is one of those guys that could go much higher than expected or drop to the bottom of the first.

Yeah I think those two are going to go earlier than us, and Chop is one of the last remaining top talent edge players left on the board.

Back
Top Bottom