Votes: 38 15.6%
  • D

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • F

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Grier still sucks

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
Disagree, Mitchell has no flaws in his game. He is big and fast, great hips. He is a physical tackler. He can play off, zone, and man. He is just a great player.

And I thought I was an "optimist". - LOL

I give us a D but we’ll see.

I’ve argued and debated pretty much the past 2 days so no need for any more of that.

It is what it is and we’ll see going forward.
I to gave this draft a D. Talent wise c+ but the fact Grier completely ignored our biggest need is unacceptable, and gets a F-. that averages out to a D.

Under this “definition”, than there is basically no such thing as a bust offensive tackle.

This isn’t something worth going deep into an argument about, but if you put forth that 75% of tackles drafted in the first round never turn into “long term starters”, then NFL teams should probably never draft tackles in the first round. Hell, definitely do not draft them in the second round.

Yet, somehow, the position is very commonly drafted in both rounds.
The point I’m making is that you have to recalibrate what you consider a bust. The fact that 75% of tackles drafted in the first round don’t turn into long term starters doesn’t mean 75% are busts. It means that “long term starter” is an unrealistically high expectation for the average first round draft pick at a premium position.

Noah Igbinoghene is a bust. He has started 5 games in 4 seasons and will probably never play another defensive snap in the NFL.

Liam Eichenberg, as a comparison point, is not a bust. He has started 38 games in 3 years and will probably start another 10+ this season. He will likely have a decade-long career in the NFL. That he stinks and has bounced from LT to LG to C to RG means he isn’t what we’d hoped for when we drafted him, but that isn’t a bust.

I to gave this draft a D. Talent wise c+ but the fact Grier completely ignored our biggest need is unacceptable, and gets a F-. that averages out to a D.
Absolutely.

That’s my biggest thing to. Just don’t understand how you completely ignore this huge glaring hole on your OL but as I said… I’ve argued and debated the past 2 days so my stance is clear.

As I said… we shall see.

I voted B.

I'm fine with 1st two picks. I didn't want to trade up so I can't bitch with how the draft fell. I'm happy with an Edge and OT.

Not having a 3rd and 4th in a deep drive sucks. Grier's dumb ass move was trading a 3rd next season to move into 4th to get a RB. He's a good player for sure but we just drafted Achane last season... That was a luxury pick with a moderate cost (4th in 2024 and 3rd in 2025). Meh.

I don't expect much from 5th or lower picks. If they make the team, cool.

I voted B.

I'm fine with 1st two picks. I didn't want to trade up so I can't bitch with how the draft fell. I'm happy with an Edge and OT.

Not having a 3rd and 4th in a deep drive sucks. Grier's dumb ass move was trading a 3rd next season to move into 4th to get a RB. He's a good player for sure but we just drafted Achane last season... That was a luxury pick with a moderate cost (4th in 2024 and 3rd in 2025). Meh.

I don't expect much from 5th or lower picks. If they make the team, cool.
It was just the third. Personally, I don't mind using a future third to get a stud RB, when the rest of our RB room is located in a MASH tent.

D+/C-

Projects, no full time starters, doubled down on WR, didnt address DT or interior Oline.

Pick value is fine and dandy in an imaginary world, but if they cant get on the field to make an impact, who gives a ****?

Time will tell, but year after year we draft players that cant get on the field. This needs to change.

C+

Think we overdrafted Robinson. Hope he proves me wrong, obviously, but dude is incredibly raw. He’s as physically gifted as any pass rusher this year, but he has issues with fundamentals and schemes. Gives me Channing Tindall vibes

I like the Paul pick. Good spot to take a development guy on Day 2 which is the issue I have with the Robinson pick. He has all the tools to step in for Armstead in his second season after learning to play at this level.

Day 3 fantastic. Good trade to get Wright after he dropped for a good player for this system. Kamara is a try hard guy who understands the game, he has what Van Ginkel does that makes a guy who’s limited talent wise to be a good pro. Washington was another great find in the late rounds who could provide immediately to the roster.

Day 1: D
Day 2: B
Day 3: A

This would be my grade for each draft pick.

Robinson B - The players most of us wanted went the 2 picks prior to our selection. Mitchell was a better prospect but not as pressing a need. Barton would have filled a need but we have more bodies along the middle of our OL than we do available edge rushers.

Paul C - I dont feel good about this pick because I wonder if he will develop into a good LT which seems to be the only position he can play. I think trading down and selecting either Haynes or Beebe would have offered more immediate help.

Wright A - We have solidified our backfield for the future and have much better depth.

Kamara A - Excellent value in the 5th round and adds depth where we need it.

Washington A - He fills a huge need in the slot and WR3.

McMorris D - He was not considered to be a draftable prospect. We had better options available OG Mahogany and C Limmer who would have improved our OL depth. WR Rice was also an option.

Washington - B - I didnt think doubling up on slot WR was necessary since are probably also going to sign a FA WR. We could have taken OG Cohen or upgraded backup QB with Pratt. We could have taken a flyer on OT Crum who was amazing at the combine.

All good but not all 32 teams needed OTs. Look at the bears..they took a QB instead unless of course your argument is well if Paul was starting calibre they would have taken him instead of Caleb.
If he develops the way us optimists expect, 2025 Paul would be a top 5-10 overall pick--well beyond Miami's reach.

We doubled down on our current strengths and ignored our current weaknesses. All these guys are projects and even if they boom it will probably be a few years down the line. The problem with that is the problem I have with considering AJ a draft hit. By the time they blossom you have to pay them. With that said I graded the draft with a Grier still sucks lol
AJ is a unique example. He was younger and coming off bone marrow donation. His first 3 seasons he had a revolving door of inferior coaches than he would have if drafted today. He was expected to start immediately then moved around willy nilly when he predictably struggled. The setup into which AJax came was worlds different and would not have been favorable for Paul either. Thankfully times have changef.

Immediate: D+

Long Term: B+

I was a little dubious of Chop at first as I really was hoping for o-line in round 1 and 2.

Overall I thought the draft came together nicely. A couple players who should help near-term and a couple players who should help long-term.

Once the draft was over I was very satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom