Votes: 9 3.7%
  • F

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Grier still sucks

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
Then don't let the water get "turbid".
Clean that pool once a week.
I actually clean it daily but I only add chemicals when necessary. Since it is a salt water pool the turbidity of the pool is maintained at an extremely low to nonexistent level.

Saw this on twitter but when it comes to draft grades remember this, We were universally given A's for our 2017 draft... that class was Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, Cordrea Tankersly, Isaac Asiata, Davon Godchaeux, Vincent Taylor, and Isiah Ford.
With all the info available it almost seems impossible to have a draft this bad

Saw this on twitter but when it comes to draft grades remember this, We were universally given A's for our 2017 draft... that class was Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, Cordrea Tankersly, Isaac Asiata, Davon Godchaeux, Vincent Taylor, and Isiah Ford.
That’s why you can truly only judge a draft after three years.

Harris and Godchaeux had some success after leaving the Dolphins but they certainly haven’t been “A’ type players. McMillan was a decent run stopper for a few seasons in Miami but he would have has trouble covering
my 12 year old grandson in pass coverage.

Ford must hold some type of record for being cut or traded by the Dolphins and yet constantly being resigned by them when injuries hit the WR corp. Yet he was never more than an end of the roster player during his time in Miami.

The rest of the players selected in the 2017 draft ended up being a big “F’’. In hindsight the 2017 draft really can’t be rated higher than a “D”. IMO.

After the doom and gloom from Day 1 and even Day 2 I think Grier/McDaniel got great value with the rest of their picks given we started off with few early round picks.

Grade: A-/B+
I think Chop will surprise and you get Paul with Butch Barry and we will all be pleasantly surprised come week 6-8 when Armstead is hurt. 6'7.5" 331, 36.5" arms, 30 reps and over 40 starts at LT. Idk who everyone else wanted at 55 but Miami obviously saw something in him and personally I like him better than the few tackles taken after him. Dude from Yale would've been my only other choice.

I went A. I think Chop Robinson will be a Pro Bowler and any draft where you land a Pro Bowl edge is basically already an A. I also think Kamara will be a solid contributor for many years.

Wright I think will be a great 1B type RB.

Paul is a lottery ticket. Maybe he becomes a starter, maybe he doesn’t.

Malik Washington has a much better chance than most 6th rounders to stick and make an impact.

A grade.
I think both Washingtons make the team. Tahj is tough af for his size and will beat berrios out for PR

Hard to put a grade on it, but clearly this was a draft more about 2025 and beyond than 2024. And that's not a criticism as Grier positioned the team to do that with free agency signings.

Chop Robinson looks like Cam Wake on tape. Just explodes like he was shot out of a cannon. I kind of dismissed him because of lack of ideal size, but players who can disrupt the passing game are always valuable.

The word fighter and physical is used to describe Paul. Sounds like he needs technique work, which is what coaching is about. Plus, he said he wanted to be a Miami Dolphin when he met McDaniel and Barry. Got to love that. Hopefully, he can improve as a run blocker or maybe this scheme fits him in that regard.

The Wright pick surprised me, as I wasn't thinking running back. But he's so explosive. I love Mostert, but he is the age when running backs start to be less effective.

Washington, from Virginia, could be a steal. Tough, catches everything and breaks tackles. I still think OBJ is in play, but Washington has a shot.

My disappointment was not getting help at guard, which might be the team's biggest weakness. Not sure what the plan is there at the moment.
Great post! I like the Cam Wake comp, the Wright pick surprised me too but they love speed, he's got great size and Mostert isn't a spring chicken like you said. Grier and company got great value all over. Only pick I didn't like was McMorris and if he's a scheme fit maybe we're all wrong. Plus we got a ton of big UDFA DBs that have a shot. Great work all around imo with the caveat of needing to sign Risner bc I can't do Eichenberg at RG all year. It won't be good for any fins fans mental health or blood pressure 🤣

Great post! I like the Cam Wake comp, the Wright pick surprised me too but they love speed, he's got great size and Mostert isn't a spring chicken like you said. Grier and company got great value all over. Only pick I didn't like was McMorris and if he's a scheme fit maybe we're all wrong. Plus we got a ton of big UDFA DBs that have a shot. Great work all around imo with the caveat of needing to sign Risner bc I can't do Eichenberg at RG all year. It won't be good for any fins fans mental health or blood pressure 🤣
To your point, Miami has explosive playmakers at every skill position, minus tight end.

C. Hated the trade up for a running back. First two picks were Bs for me, no complaints about the later picks. But hated trading a 2025 3rd for a mid fourth running back.

This really feels like the kind of draft where many of the picks will be getting the "how did every other team pass on this guy multiple times" kind of commentary when they start making big plays and stacking up stats. It's not like these picks were not accomplished and/or rated well above where they were taken. It should not be a surprise when they ball out.

Much too early to really grade a draft, but hey, it's fun. I went B. Liked M Washington, Wright, and Kamara, relative to their round. (Even you count Wright as a 3rd rd). OK with Chop, Paul, and T Washington, relative to their round. Question McMorris, like most, but who knows - he's smart. We like smart, fast players, recently.

Off topic- we should state what we consider average - depending on our age, and where we went to school - anything from C to B+ was the median grade.

To your point, Miami has explosive playmakers at every skill position, minus tight end.
I wouldn't count Jonnu out. And ik everyone wanted a huge WR for jump balls but maybe Coach Mike could just stop calling them and hit our fast/quick wide outs on slants. Or better yet pound the rock with any of our backs especially considering Achane looks like he's up to 200lbs. Dude looked huge in that pic from a few weeks ago

Grade: A-/B+

Asier Etxeandia Romeo GIF by NETFLIX

Think you will change your mind when you see what he can contribute.
Just not a fan from the process and positional value perspective. Traded a future third round pick to upgrade Jeff Wilson a year early. Every draft a bunch of good running backs are available, so trading future picks for one doesn't make sense to me.

Just not a fan from the process and positional value perspective. Traded a future third round pick to upgrade Jeff Wilson a year early. Every draft a bunch of good running backs are available, so trading future picks for one doesn't make sense to me.
I believe the value was worth it for this kid.

Back
Top Bottom