How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven?

I'm still frustrated. I really hope this doesn't turn into the Charles Harris draft where I hate each of the first several picks.

I'm on the edge of extreme anger depending on what happens in round 2.

View attachment 169557

Saw an awful lot of angry members even before the pick last night. Sadly, some may no longer be with us.

I hope the folks involved have calmed down and the burden and rigors of being a fan hasn't put anyone over the EDGE.

Rock on and may tonight's pick(s?) be more pleasing and satisfying. Like Dapper Dan! The pleasing odor is half the point!

I admit it. I'm a Dolphins fan. I'm optimistic

I'll admit my initial reaction wasn't ecstatic when Chop Robinson was picked. I had about eight players listed and he wasn't one of them.

But delving deeper, Robinson' explosion metrics are off the charts. Interesting, too, that Penn State used him inside at times to rush the passer. For someone at 254 pounds, his strength there showed. Definitely love his first step. Probably the best in the draft.

Yes, he is raw and there's no guarantees. But he's the type you swing the fences for.

As to day two, I feel like Miami almost has to go offensive line. If they don't, I won't panic but I think it's going to be tough to find offensive line late.

One final thought. If Grier was indeed trying to work back into the 1st round for Worthy, then I'd say wide receiver is a strong possibility. Franklin seems like a McDaniel type.

I love the CHOP. Watch after the 1:15 mark and what he does to men that are 40 pounds heavier than him. The kid is going to be special and hes so young, this is not Dion Jordan running through holes, this kid is bull rushing players and beating them flat out on the edge even when double teamed, GREAT PICK! LINE BACKER U!

Last edited:
Happy with the pick maybe we can trade the 2nd rounder move down in the second round add a 4th and get a DT with the second pick. Then with 4th rounder pick OL.

There will be good dt talent still available late in the second.

Second rounder should be dt ol or wr

I'm very disappointed that the Dolphins Front Office doesn't allow fans to write the name of who they want to draft and put it in a box and on draft day, tally up the votes and then draft that player *. To ensure transparency, the counting should be done on live cam in the war room.

* for shits and giggles, even if the winning player has already been selected, the Dolphins should try to run up that pick anyways to see what happens

I'm very disappointed that the Dolphins Front Office doesn't allow fans to write the name of who they want to draft and put it in a box and on draft day, tally up the votes and then draft that player *. To ensure transparency, the counting should be done on live cam in the war room.

* for shits and giggles, even if the winning player has already been selected, the Dolphins should try to run up that pick anyways to see what happens
You should post more often.

Awesome! Yes, we are all scouts and experts. Even though we've never interviewed or met with these players in person, we all trust our opinions over any front office!

I'll admit my initial reaction wasn't ecstatic when Chop Robinson was picked. I had about eight players listed and he wasn't one of them.

But delving deeper, Robinson' explosion metrics are off the charts. Interesting, too, that Penn State used him inside at times to rush the passer. For someone at 254 pounds, his strength there showed. Definitely love his first step. Probably the best in the draft.

Yes, he is raw and there's no guarantees. But he's the type you swing the fences for.

As to day two, I feel like Miami almost has to go offensive line. If they don't, I won't panic but I think it's going to be tough to find offensive line late.

One final thought. If Grier was indeed trying to work back into the 1st round for Worthy, then I'd say wide receiver is a strong possibility. Franklin seems like a McDaniel type.
My main issue is I don’t see the need to swing for the fences when good players were sitting right there. Mitchell (22nd), Thomas (23rd), Morgan (24th) and Barton (25th) were all available and went in succession right after we picked. We are going to need to replace Armstead, Hill, Ramsey and Fuller in the next year or two. It seemed like an excellent chance to draft that guy.

I feel like drafting Robinson is basically admitting drafting Phillips and trading for Chubb has not worked out as planned and we need another EDGE player. We didn’t draft him because they are recovering from injury. We drafted him to replace Chubb (at some point).

Trying to trade back into the 1st is wild to me. The move screams that Grier and McDaniel were not on the same page with Robinson and one of them was pounding the table for another guy.

Back
Top Bottom