How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How We Feeling Today, FinHeaven?

Excited. Ready to go. I'm an optimistic type of guy. I choose to look for the positive and love the different opinion everyone brings here. But it was a tad bit on the negative energy scale last night.

Let's see what's happens tonight.

Go fins

My main issue is I don’t see the need to swing for the fences when good players were sitting right there. Mitchell (22nd), Thomas (23rd), Morgan (24th) and Barton (25th) were all available and went in succession right after we picked. We are going to need to replace Armstead, Hill, Ramsey and Fuller in the next year or two. It seemed like an excellent chance to draft that guy.

I feel like drafting Robinson is basically admitting drafting Phillips and trading for Chubb has not worked out as planned and we need another EDGE player. We didn’t draft him because they are recovering from injury. We drafted him to replace Chubb (at some point).

Trying to trade back into the 1st is wild to me. The move screams that Grier and McDaniel were not on the same page with Robinson and one of them was pounding the table for another guy.
Barton was the only one on that list I would have wanted over Chop.

Ill admit I never even heard of Chop Robinson until looking at draft prospects at end of season. Being from the south I'm all SEC. Of course watching Verse terrorize LSU and all the rest of the teams I was hoping for Verse, or like many of you OL help. For years we have all been pounding the table for OL help to no avail. Which brings me to Grier's comment in previous pc, "you guys(media and fans) are more worried about OL than I am". I realize the draft isn't over, Free Agency isn't over either, but come on Armstead is always injured and most likely in he last year, same can be said for Wynn, Lamm, Eich well he's just terrible. Can we rely on Robert Jones, Lester Cotton, Eichanberg to man the inside? My point being is our OL backups haven't progressed as fast as many of us would like.

As far as Grier goes I have a new nickname for him, "Reacher". He reached for Tindall 2 years ago, he reached for Cam Smith last year. Did he reach for Chop? I'm willing to wait until he plays meaningful snaps to make that judgement.

As far as today is concerned its a long wait from pick 55 to the 5th round. We have to try and acquire more picks

I don't think anybody really hates the pick or the player, the issue a lot of fans had was that they don't trust Grier to build a solid O-Line, because he never has ever, and and they all want him to build a real, good, solid O-Line just once in his life before he goes back to grabbing his "premium position" players.

They want to Grier to build a solid OL even though they don't trust him to do so?

Sounds like that is on those who want Grier to do the improbable. Am I right @Ray R ?

p.s. @Mach2 ... There were a few political references I refrained from using. /s

Yes, we could have, maybe should have gone O-Line, but this pick could end up many times better then what we could have gotten for the line.

Don't be fooled by the anemic Sack stats, the guy was one of the toughest players to control when it came to pressure...Just needs to play a bit smarter, more controlled, and start finishing.

Start finishing? Really?

/s

I love how unhinged Finheaven gets

I was called a dumb**** CG nut licker last night for expressing cautious optimism at the pick despite personally pounding the table for OL

lol
Is the G in "CG" part "gobbler", 'cause that's all I can think of...

I was pissed last year when we took Smith.
I was not happy with Chop.
Smith couldn't even get on the field for most of the year.
This is how I feel Chop will unfold.

I hate the pick for out first round. Players for the o line were there for the taking and now we will lose out on them. Order should have been o line and then DE... but of course Grier is a ****ing idiot and just refuses to believe we have an o line problem.

Start finishing? Really?

/s

Yes really, there is a reason he did not get as many Sacks as he should have.

He has the speed, he has good bend to get around/through linemen, he has the heart to fight through the end, but he still did not get many sacks in 3 years...Why?

His technique is still not great, he runs past ball carrier, he goes too hard at the QB, and allows himself to be pushed, or blocked passed the QB.

Refining his technique can help him not just get close to the QB/Ball carier, but finish the job with a sack, a strip, a tackle, or get a piece to allow someone else to finish it.

Disappointed, I think Quinyon Mitchell would have been a great pick. Howie Roseman is the best GM.

Back
Top Bottom