Hunch: Miami drafts a QB by Round 3 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hunch: Miami drafts a QB by Round 3

Honestly, Mike White ain’t it as the backup and heading into this offseason, I figured Miami would have moved on from White and signed a new backup prior to the draft.

Obviously, that didn’t happen. I think they still see Skylar as a QB 3 at this point and unless I’m completely wrong and they love the current QB room, I’ve gotta hunch that they’re heading into this draft hoping a guy like Bo Nix slides to them in the 2nd or maybe a Spencer Rattler type of guy in the 3rd or maybe even the 4th if they decide to trade back and acquire more picks.

However it plays out, I really do think Miami is backup QB hunting in this draft in hopes to grab a young guy that can develop behind Tua and I would endorse that type of move.

Do our current backup QB's have any trade value?
If they do, then you may be right.

Season 3 Shut Up GIF by The Lonely Island

I bet my left and right nut this doesn’t happen

Even in the multiverse
I didn't know you had such a high voice. - LOL

The only way I would trade down from 21 to 45 is if the Saints trade their 2025 first round pick along with their 2nd and 3rd round picks this year.

I personally hate trading down in the first round. Trading down one or two positions in the first round is okay but trading completely out of the first round is a no go as far as I am concerned. Unless the Dolphins receive additional picks this year along with a first in 2025.
Yeah, reckon we'd be happy to trade down a few spots depending on who's still available. Not 24 spots though. Would see far too many top talents fall before their 1st pick.

If Milton is there Day 3, I'd take a flyer. He can pitch for the Marlins if he can't sniff the field at HRS.

Miami signs Tua's brother as a 7th round pick or UDFA. Book it!
His brother should go undrafted. That's how much of a project he is. With that said, I'm not opposed to bringing in the broski as an UDFA, would be cool, but none of this is happening at all. Someone will pick him up, he doesn't have the skillets for the NFL and will washout like 100s of others.

I think Austin Reed in the 7th would be a quality QB to bring in. He has experience in the RPO offense, runs it very well, has a quick release, however he lack that athleticism you'd want. But he throws a good ball and would be imo a better prospect than Skylar, and much more potential to become a quality NFL backup by his 2nd contract. Should be available late 6th early 7th.

Back
Top Bottom