I would have been trying to get ahead of Pittsburgh for Fautanu | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I would have been trying to get ahead of Pittsburgh for Fautanu

Who says they didn’t, but if they had people would be on here bitching about giving up extra resources. It’s a lose lose situation for a GM.

We needed a player like Chop a lot more than we needed Fautanu. You can find offensive lineman in FA (Robert Hunt), good luck finding an elite pass rusher.

Some people just don't like Chris Grier which is fine. I don't like Nick Saban because he's a lying piece of s*** and wasn't good enough for the NFL, which is also fine.

Imo there wasn't a gap between him and Barton. I feel like Robinson was going to be the pick there either way (not saying I agree with the pick). But, maybe Miami saw more of a gap.

Some pressure on McDaniel to prove he can make this offense work against the top teams. OL seemed like the play, but he's been clear about his love for pass rushers, and Edges are more expensive than OG's.

We needed a player like Chop a lot more than we needed Fautanu. You can find offensive lineman in FA (Robert Hunt), good luck finding an elite pass rusher.

Some people just don't like Chris Grier which is fine. I don't like Nick Saban because he's a lying piece of s*** and wasn't good enough for the NFL, which is also fine.
Wow I agree with you. Note the date.

Were you not complaining in the draft day thread about the pick?

Apologies if I have you mixed up with someone else 😂

Wow I agree with you. Note the date.

Were you not complaining in the draft day thread about the pick?

Apologies if I have you mixed up with someone else 😂
I don't know any of these kids anymore, I can't complain about s***. I must be getting old, but at least I know EDGE > IOL

Once Mims went to Cincy I would have been on the phone with LA trying to swap with them for Fautanu.

I think one of next years 3rd's could have gotten it done.

I can't see Miami not liking TF since he is perfect for their scheme and their needs.

Now I will concede that LA might have said no and we don't know how hard Miami tried, or if they tried at all but were I in charge I would have paid the price to go from 21 to 19 and gotten my guy.

Not worth it, we have too few picks to start with, and can't allow one player to hinder our draft any more then it already is.

Not worth it, we have too few picks to start with, and can't allow one player to hinder our draft any more then it already is.
Throwing in a 3rd in 2025 is not worth a starting OL?

Once Mims went to Cincy I would have been on the phone with LA trying to swap with them for Fautanu.

I think one of next years 3rd's could have gotten it done.

I can't see Miami not liking TF since he is perfect for their scheme and their needs.

Now I will concede that LA might have said no and we don't know how hard Miami tried, or if they tried at all but were I in charge I would have paid the price to go from 21 to 19 and gotten my guy.
the word is they were never going to go OL with our top pick....:(

the word is they were never going to go OL with our top pick....:(
That would be hard to understand but not hard to believe.

McDaniel is a little too enamored of shiny toys for my liking.

That is why I expect Sanders in R2 and not an OL.

That would be hard to understand but not hard to believe.

McDaniel is a little too enamored of shiny toys for my liking.

That is why I expect Sanders in R2 and not an OL.
if we go TE, Sanders is not the one I'd take.....I like Sinnott better as he can lineup anywhere plus he's a better blocker than Sanders.

Throwing in a 3rd in 2025 is not worth a starting OL?
No, don't mess with next years picks, unless they absolutely love the player.

Next year Miami will have more players go, more holes to plug in with new players, Miami did pretty well last year with who they had on the O-line, and still could get some good linemen in the 2nd, no reason to blink if they did not feel moving up was worth it.

Better to leave 2025 alone, then do what they can this year with what they have.

We don't have the resources to be trading up tho.

Everyone seems upset about Chop.... how about being upset we don't have a 3rd or 4th rounder. Or being upset about the picks we lost tampering with Tom Brady.

These things i can understand being angry about.... complaining about drafting an Edge prospect that's being compared athleticitlly to Micah Parsons and Miles Garrett makes no ****ing sense.

Oh and BTW to all those who wanted us to draft Oline..... where the **** have you guys been for the last 10 years?

I'm usually one of the only ones on the board asking for Oline in the draft. You all crawl out of the woodwork now? Where have you all been these years, I needed backup!

Fast And Furious Dom GIF by The Fast Saga
More like Bruce Irvin

No, don't mess with next years picks, unless they absolutely love the player.

Next year Miami will have more players go, more holes to plug in with new players, Miami did pretty well last year with who they had on the O-line, and still could get some good linemen in the 2nd, no reason to blink if they did not feel moving up was worth it.

Better to leave 2025 alone, then do what they can this year with what they have.
What they have this year? We have no 3rd or fourth and have plenty next year. That doesnt make sense to me.

What they have this year? We have no 3rd or fourth and have plenty next year. That doesnt make sense to me.

Make due with what you have this year as far as picks, don't touch next year.

Miami has a good chance of having a huge draft in 2025.

This really depends on if Grier thought Fautanu projected more to a guard or tackle in the NFL, but he was off the board, so any discussion is moot. Grier wants premium positions with his top picks. He obviously didn't think Barton projected as well to tackle or that may have been the pick. I think it came down to the Chop being so much better than the edge choices that could be at 55 (Isaac, Braswell, Trice) than Barton is over the IOL options (Beebe, Hayes, Frazier).
I understand that to a point because i value premium positions with premium picks myself, UNLESS the quality of the BPA is significantly higher than that premium position value....and even more so if that BPA is also a need position.

To me, Fautanu was a top 15 player who fell to the 20's. I did not have Chop that high bc he's a boom/bust type....elite physical traits and high ceiling but raw and lesser production in college, so lower floor. Even if you aren't sure if Fautanu is an OT or OG, you have a year to figure it out while Armstead is still here (or a chance to audition when he misses a few games). If he's an OT, you hit on immediate need and future premium position that isn't on this roster. If he's not, you fill a need now and potentially have a cheap stud OG for a bit while you manipulate the little cap space you have.

This team is in win now mode. That salary cap is f'd. Every deal has void years to 27-28. X is still on the books. Armstead if gone after 1. Reek is gone after 2....Ramsey and Chubb likely as well. If you don't win now, you're blowing it up anyway.

Back
Top Bottom