Is Erik Ezukanma going to contribute this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Erik Ezukanma going to contribute this year?

Depends on the neck injury I guess. Since they called it a pre existing condition I can only assume whatever it was may happen again.

I have hopes for him since they said a lot of good things about him in camp last year but I wouldn't bet hard on him either.

Well, that article was from January so some of the info is dated.

Aw far as contributing this season? It would be nice, but I doubt the team is going to put themselves in a position to depend on it.

If we do draft a receiver high, EZ would almost automatically be the odd man out initially. I never got the impression they really trusted him to read the defense and run the correct route adjustments.

It appeared they planned on using him quite a bit last year but his injury ended up putting him on IR after 2 games and he stayed on IR the entire season.

The injury he was placed on IR for was a neck injury he previously suffered while in college and it is hard to determine if this injury will be something that affects his career. While he has been cleared by Doctors to return in 2024, as much as the Dolphins might want to make him more a part of the offense. They obviously are interested in trying to bring in additional WR’s to compete against EZ and all the others WR’s except Hill and Waddle.

He needs to get on the Takeo Spikes neck workout regime, problem solved

Neck strength could be next key measurable for NFL players - NBC Sports

EZE is a freak, especially with the ball in his hands. If healthy he'll have a role.

I’m a fan of lining up like 4 or 5 bigger players like EZ and Claypool and two tight ends and big back for a series or two and then rotate speedsters in the mix and jam the ball down the others teams throat to wear them out! But I guess that’s why I’m not the coach!!

Well, that article was from January so some of the info is dated.

Aw far as contributing this season? It would be nice, but I doubt the team is going to put themselves in a position to depend on it.

If we do draft a receiver high, EZ would almost automatically be the odd man out initially. I never got the impression they really trusted him to read the defense and run the correct route adjustments.
My thoughts exactly! I dont think its a stretch to say he couldnt pick up the offense. If he's healthy there are no more excuses...

I mean if him, Tindall and Cam Smith could all produce....that would be great!
I don't have much hope for Tindall beyond special teams. I expect Cam Smith to be hungry and good. He has the tools, and there were players that had his back, too. Not like players had Icky's back, they said Smith should have been on the field.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom