Is Erik Ezukanma going to contribute this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Erik Ezukanma going to contribute this year?

It appeared they planned on using him quite a bit last year but his injury ended up putting him on IR after 2 games and he stayed on IR the entire season.

The injury he was placed on IR for was a neck injury he previously suffered while in college and it is hard to determine if this injury will be something that affects his career. While he has been cleared by Doctors to return in 2024, as much as the Dolphins might want to make him more a part of the offense. They obviously are interested in trying to bring in additional WR’s to compete against EZ and all the others WR’s except Hill and Waddle.
Did he have surgery or what is specifically wrong with his neck, if you know

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

He will have a chance to show it this year. Hoping he has mastered the playbook by now, and is healthy.

Year 1 he had 1 catch 3 yards. Year 2 he had 0 catches. If he makes the team, after recovering from a neck injury, I guess anything more than a catch and 3 yards would be a contribution lol.

I wouldn't put my eggs in his basket after a neck injury. It's too bad because I like his promise he showed during the preseason running end-arounds!

He was a mid 4th rounder for a reason, and the chances they end up with long careers is much lower than day 2 picks...but coupling that along with no contributions in 2 seasons and a lingering neck injury, doesn't sound too good.

It would be great if he does contribute as he has good size and seems physical and we need that. I hope he can, but it doesn't seem likely. Tindall and EE looking like bad selections that did didley squat thus far.

hard to say at this point.....lets see if he can stay healthy and he'll have TC and pre season games to show what he can do

I sure hope so. We've all been waiting for him and Tindall to do something

I promising rookie TC & preseason and has now withered into nothing... need him to be that physical receiver for us..

I think he's likely a bubble guy. I expect Miami to draft a wide receiver. Maybe not high, but that wouldn't surprise me either.

The OBJ interest could lead to a contact as well.

In other words, EZ won't have an easy path. There should be more talent and depth than when he was drafted.

At least he wasn’t labeled as a “beast” or “elite” prematurely like some tend to do on fan boards. Maybe he was labeled this by some, I don’t know, but I hope he can stay upright long enough this year to contribute a meaningful play or two every month.

My take is that he was somewhat overwhelmed with learning this offense, partially because in his words, he was asked to learn a second position at WR. Some of you will remember sideline conversations with Tyreek last year about running the wrong routes and still scoring. It's happened multiple times and Tyreek is going into his 3rd year. That is a hint that this offense is very complicated, making it difficult for some to digest. I also think the 'neck injury' was something to clear a needed roster spot in lieu of a player who was not ready to contribute, but was too good to cut outright. (We sure could have used him in December and January last year) I think he surprises many here with his contributions, barring injury. He gets hurt or dinged up and slowed down, he goes the way of many 4th rounders, to UPS...

Back
Top Bottom