Is Erik Ezukanma going to contribute this year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Erik Ezukanma going to contribute this year?

I think I remember hearing Wes Welker was pounding the table for him.

He should be a solid contributor or even a standout. However, I think it's best to hedge our bet here as injuries happen. Hope for the best, expect the worst and still add OBJ/Boyd and BTJ/Legette/McConkey in the draft. Make the most of the window of Cheetah playing like he has the cheat codes and what should be a prove it year performance for Waddle.

At least he wasn’t labeled as a “beast” or “elite” prematurely like some tend to do on fan boards. Maybe he was labeled this by some, I don’t know, but I hope he can stay upright long enough this year to contribute a meaningful play or two every month.
The label on a fan forum would matter how versus his actual performance? I hereby label him scimitar.

boom suck it GIF

I'm not sure since were linked to find a 3rd WR.

He should be a solid contributor or even a standout.
I have to ask, brother. Based on what? He had a couple nice WR sweeps, but those didn't involve standard WR plays.

He has shown literally nothing as Wideout in the regular season.

I sure hope so. We've all been waiting for him and Tindall to do something

I promising rookie TC & preseason and has now withered into nothing... need him to be that physical receiver for us..
Is it weird that when I hear the name Channing I think of a cross between Stockard and Crowder?

Serious question. Can Ezy actually run routes as designed?

Would be interesting to have some tape on his routes to see if he is executing as designed.

I feel like the kid is athletically gifted but might suffer a bit of Iggy-itus?

Tbh, haven't seen enough to really judge but that's my gut feeling as if now.

Serious question. Can Ezy actually run routes as designed?

Would be interesting to have some tape on his routes to see if he is executing as designed.

I feel like the kid is athletically gifted but might suffer a bit of Iggy-itus?

Tbh, haven't seen enough to really judge but that's my gut feeling as if now.
I'm sure if it was as simple as "run a 12 yard curl" or " run a 10 yard out", he can surely do that.

Our scheme is not that simple. No NFL offense is.

He has to read leverages, coverages, etc. and adjust accordingly.

My take is that he was somewhat overwhelmed with learning this offense, partially because in his words, he was asked to learn a second position at WR. Some of you will remember sideline conversations with Tyreek last year about running the wrong routes and still scoring. It's happened multiple times and Tyreek is going into his 3rd year. That is a hint that this offense is very complicated, making it difficult for some to digest. I also think the 'neck injury' was something to clear a needed roster spot in lieu of a player who was not ready to contribute, but was too good to cut outright. (We sure could have used him in December and January last year) I think he surprises many here with his contributions, barring injury. He gets hurt or dinged up and slowed down, he goes the way of many 4th rounders, to UPS...
I've seen this said by even veterans like Armstead and Tyreek that they still didn't have the offense fully down after two full years. This is mildly alarming. How can everybody play their best and fastest when the offense is so crazy complicated? It prevents rookies from making significant contributions in their rookie year. The only exception seems to be at RB.

I'd love to see him become a good player, but there are questions we won't get answers for until camp. Is that neck healed enough to get on the field? And that's just the first.

Back
Top Bottom