J-Off's 2024 OT's | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Yeah, but they are going to have to take someone at 21 in that scenario. Their next best option might be to pivot to a higher rated player at a position of need like DT where the better players at that position will be available. Taking a DT that high wouldn't be ideal either.

I think he's in range of the top DT's. He's just pushed down the board, because this OL class is bananas.

Would anyone be against drafting Fashanu if he fell into exceptable range using say 2025 3rd to move up to get him securing our left tackle for the foreseeable future?

Would anyone be against drafting Fashanu if he fell into exceptable range using say 2025 3rd to move up to get him securing our left tackle for the foreseeable future?
I wouldn't be against it. I actually think he may be the best tackle in this really strong class.

I'd prefer to not trade up, particularly with the depth at OL in the class. But, if it's for a 2025 3rd, I wouldn't complain too much.

Think we HAVE to address the OL in the 1-3rd round of this draft. However, Grier's history says he won't. One reason IMO we don't win December-January games against quality opponents.

Think we HAVE to address the OL in the 1-3rd round of this draft. However, Grier's history says he won't. One reason IMO we don't win December-January games against quality opponents.
He used top 3 round picks on Jackson, Hunt and Eichenberg in the last 4 years.

You can quibble with the player choices but he has tried to address the OL early.

He used top 3 round picks on Jackson, Hunt and Eichenberg in the last 4 years.

You can quibble with the player choices but he has tried to address the OL early.
True...but I don't think that's enough. With Armstead always injured and talking retirement and the loss of Williams and Hunt...he's got to address it if the Dolphins are going to be relevant in December and January.

True...but I don't think that's enough. With Armstead always injured and talking retirement and the loss of Williams and Hunt...he's got to address it if the Dolphins are going to be relevant in December and January.
I agree that they need to go OL early.

Because this draft is so deep in OT it might be the Dolphins best interest in taking a DT with the 1st pick and picking an OL with the 55th pick. Although I would love to see them trade down...

Because this draft is so deep in OT it might be the Dolphins best interest in taking a DT with the 1st pick and picking an OL with the 55th pick. Although I would love to see them trade down...
It could be the better value to grab a guy like Newton at 21 and try for an OT player like Amengadjie or Paul or Puni or Suamataia oor a G like Haynes, Mahogany or McCormick.

Versus maxresdefault.jpg taking OL in R1 and hoping Jenkins or Sweat or Fiske makes it to 55.

But i agree my goal would be to address both LOS early if possible, and they should be able to match need with value at 21 and 55.

Back
Top Bottom