Locked On Dolphins' Kyle Crabbs Final Dolphins Big Board - 2024 Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locked On Dolphins' Kyle Crabbs Final Dolphins Big Board - 2024 Draft

Tough crowd! Thanks to those of you who have checked it out.

RE: observations about player values...

Player ratings are not adjusted for injuries and character concerns. That was disclosed in the article that you all accessed to read the rankings and also discussed on my show at length! So Payton Wilson's ranking is simply a reflection of how good of a fit he is for Miami's anticipated scheme. It does not reflect positional value, age, injury history & medical flags, etc. Players are, however, flagged with a letter to indicate that there's a deeper issue with the player that may disqualify them from being picked in a certain pick range. (I said on today's show that I would not draft Wilson in the first two rounds, for example)

That same logic applies to Caleb Williams. Of course a quarterback needy team would preempt other players who are better pure grades because the positional value of a quarterback transcends the value of other players.

As far as Brian Thomas Jr. goes; he's a raw player IMO. 2/3rds of his production came from 3 routes: hitches, curls and fades. The grade is a reflection of the player that he is now and I would, in a draft scenario, field a discussion about him versus all other players in the same tier as him to try to determine the best big picture decision, be that a 1-year forecast or a 3-year forecast for a player. (This was also discussed on today's show!)

Hope you all have a great draft week and some of you can rest easy...I am indeed not running the draft on Thursday and Friday.
Love your knowledge and appreciate your input. I am a daily listener and get your vibe of being a tried and true Fin fan as most of us here are. Keep on keeping on and thx again. I feel your pain similarly after those bad losses that seem to occur each year.

While I don't agree with anybody 100% of the time, Crabbs and Wingfield have so much more football knowledge than those who criticize them.
Absolutely. Love how he explained Wilson's ranking. This linebackers ability jumps off the screen. But can he stay on the field?

I might consider him at 55. He's that good.

Absolutely. Love how he explained Wilson's ranking. This linebackers ability jumps off the screen. But can he stay on the field?

I might consider him at 55. He's that good.
I liked how he explained Brian Thomas' ranking. He really isn't a good fit for what Miami needs. But that's something that less knowledgeable fans don't tend to understand.

I liked how he explained Brian Thomas' ranking. He really isn't a good fit for what Miami needs. But that's something that less knowledgeable fans don't tend to understand.
Lol let's see. Did you to Reek's school of self honoring? I assume you were one of the knowledgeable fans before the explanation 😂 jk

Lol let's see. Did you to Reek's school of self honoring? I assume you were one of the knowledgeable fans before the explanation 😂 jk
I wasn't self honoring. I was crediting Crabbs for doing a good job of laying out an explanation that you would hope even the least knowledgeable among us would understand.

Did you listen to the podcast?

I did, but I don't remember him speaking specifically about Penix. I understand the rankings are based on team/player fit. Still surprising to see Penix down so low. Especially when I have heard a lot of comparisons between Penix and Tua. Although that may just be lazy since they have injury history in college and both are lefty.

I did, but I don't remember him speaking specifically about Penix. I understand the rankings are based on team/player fit. Still surprising to see Penix down so low. Especially when I have heard a lot of comparisons between Penix and Tua. Although that may just be lazy since they have injury history in college and both are lefty.

Ding ding ding

Back
Top Bottom