McDaniel Spoke About OBJ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel Spoke About OBJ

Production could be better coming off ACL going into 2nd year. Who loses receptions? Hill or Waddle? Only if we aren't over-paying. Otherwise, would rather select in Draft and develop to replace Hill in 2 years.
that's what I'd do....not breaking the bank for a guy that's been hurt so much

Production could be better coming off ACL going into 2nd year. Who loses receptions? Hill or Waddle? Only if we aren't over-paying. Otherwise, would rather select in Draft and develop to replace Hill in 2 years.
He is a good option, but really he has under performed compared to other receivers, Keenan Allen 59tds, 10,000 yards. I would offer OBJ 7 million a year for his services or let him kick rock.

He is a good option, but really he has under performed compared to other receivers, Keenan Allen 59tds, 10,000 yards. I would offer OBJ 7 million a year for his services or let him kick rock.
I'd offer less.....maybe 5 or 6 but with incentives that could push it up to about 9

that's what I'd do....not breaking the bank for a guy that's been hurt so much
I thought you wanted an offensive lineman in the draft. Miami only has two picks in the top 150 and three obvious needs. WR, OL, and DT. They probably aren’t going to be able to address all three areas adequately through the the draft.

I thought you wanted an offensive lineman in the draft. Miami only has two picks in the top 150 and three obvious needs. WR, OL, and DT. They probably aren’t going to be able to address all three areas adequately through the the draft.
I do want OL

Who loses receptions? Hill or Waddle?

The other team because we will be getting first downs from underneath route running of Odell.

Underrated (on here) for his footwork. He would (or will) crush it in our system and feast on the underneath stuff.

Drafting a replacement receiver for Hill would be great but learning the nuances won’t make them effective in year 1 which we need production NOW. And in our system this highly drafted receiver is not going to get the proper reps behind Waddle and Hill, anyways.

Does it matter to you what order they do it in?
not really but the reason I'd go OL first is because we need a starting OL from day one while we're only looking for a 3rd WR so we can get that at 55.....the one OL I really like in the 2nd round is Beebe but he might be gone before pick 55........there are several WR's that will be there at 55 that would make sense to us

If you can get Odell for 5-6 with incentive up to 9 because of production, for example, you immediately take one of our “need” positions and turn it into a strength - your top 3 at WR is the best in the league immediately.

Then do OL and DL with all your draft picks. Literally all of them.

Back
Top Bottom