My favorite football player of all time | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My favorite football player of all time

Oh man, talking about favorite football players always sparks some interesting conversations! I didn't catch that game live back in the day, but after checking out the highlights and stats on https://sportscore.io, it's crystal clear why he's often called "The Greatest Quarterback to Never Win A Superbowl." It's a neat site for catching up on games and player stats if you ever find yourself wanting to dig into some sports history.

I've always had an affinity for LBs, so it had to be one of the Dolphins. I'll say Zach because he was a draft pick I got right. We had all those picks that year and I watched the entire draft and saw the Dolphins picks on the crawl. From the 2nd round on, I was literally begging Jimmy to take Zach. Talking to my TV as if somehow Jimmy would be able to hear me. As the picks went by, Dorian Brew, Karim Abdul-Jabbar, Stanley Pritchett, LaCurtis Jones, Kirk Pointer, etc my hopes were getting depressingly less and less. I was sure someone else was gonna take him. After the Shane Burton pick, especially. Then here comes one more Dolphins pick not long after the Burton pick, and I see "Miami Dolphins" flashing, then "pick 154", "The pick is in" etc, and then the name appears... Zach Thomas, LB, Texas Tech. I was ecstatic. Jumped out of my chair and was literally dancing around the living room, all by myself. I was already sure he would be a great player for us. I was also sure Jimmy Johnson was the luckiest basterd in the world. Zach had no business lasting till 154. This wasn't an astute talent analysis by Jimmy. This was manna from heaven falling into your lap.

Marino and Csonka
This!

My top is Marino, however Czonka was one of those players that got you excited when he ran the ball. He was just so damn physical and punishing of a runner.

Only other guy who matched Czonka in physicality in my opinion was Earl Campbell

Favorite Dolphins: Jason Taylor, Adewale Ogunleye and Ricky Williams.

I wish directv was created a lot sooner, because there were a lot of guys on those 70's teams I would have loved to watch every week.

Favorite Non Dolphin Players:

Lawrence Taylor
Mark Bavaro
Barry Sanders
Reggie White
Derrick Thomas

Favorite Dolphins offense: Richmond Webb:

01h1hfqbr927370wfgtx.jpg

Favorite Dolphins defense: Nick Buoniconti:

merlin_8913228_ba61e645-bad0-406b-9fbf-fe6b1a846e6f-superJumbo.jpg

For me it was Csonka when I was a kid I had a poster with kiick and csonka on it they were called butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid. Awesome poster but when Marino came along it’s been him and csonka at a dead tie since then. As far as non dolphins favorite it’s mean Joe green, great player and part of one of the best commercials ever. Also he was a defensive line coach for a short time for the Dolphins and I had the great pleasure of meeting him the night before a jet game. He couldn’t have been nicer a true legend on and off the field.

Back
Top Bottom