OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OBJ will visit the Dolphins tomorrow

Lol, the criticisms of this young man’s (reminder he is just a young man) first two years are nuts. He’s come in with a winning record, an explosive offensive, has injected hope into a team that had little for decades, and has turned Miami into a destination players and staff members want to be.

Did he go undefeated and win a Super Bowl in his first two seasons? No. But my God, his career is off to an outstanding start. I pray McD is here for decades to come.
Ok, but where are your Pom Pom’s?

That particular post was referring to EZ, not OBJ.
Both… IMO… I don’t believe EZ will play many more downs for the Dolphins… I hope that isn’t the case. Just a feeling…like the “Cameron Jordan Cameron.” Can’t remember which played for us… briefly…

Do you disagree?
Doesn't really matter. Would we have had a better chance to win a playoff game and advance without this injury or that injury, or any injuries? Sure. Same could be said of our opponents. This line of thinking is a fool's errand though (not calling you a fool just using the expression), it's essentially saying the MD aren't responsible for any of their losses, we in fact would win every game if it was not for this or that circumstance, it totally absolves all responsibility for a "well we woulda won if .." and that game can be played by anyone in any year and it just doesn't do anything for me.

Yup. When we lost Connor Williams especially. That injury was more significant than a team losing some backup special teamer. The whole notion that injuries don't matter, shouldn't play a part, and good teams all overcome them, is laughable and ridiculous. When Connor was in the lineup for the Dolphins last season, they averaged around 6 yards a carry. When he was out of the lineup they averaged about 3.5 yards per carry. Yet some would attempt to have us believe if McD and the Dolphins were any good they could just keep on doing as well running the ball without Connor. I'm sure the injuries don't matter and are part of the game crowd would have us believe that is just a coincidence.
Then we have the loss of Chubb in the blowout to Balt. Compounded by the losses of JP and AVG. So the team is relegated to signing guys off their couches who haven't played in weeks and are well on the downhill of their career anyway. So, they go with Justin Houston, Malik Reed, and Bruce Irvin out of necessity and that shouldn't matter when it comes to the team's success. If McD and the Dolphins were any good they could overcome those losses as if they were nothing. SMDH.
Injuries may be and likely are fairly random, but players injured from team to team, value-wise, are not dispersed equally. Every season is a game of attrition and the teams fortunate enough to have their best players stay healthy are the most likely to advance.
Williams Is gone but looks like we are looking at a center at 21

Last edited:
Both… IMO… I don’t believe EZ will play many more downs for the Dolphins… I hope that isn’t the case. Just a feeling…like the “Cameron Jordan Cameron.” Can’t remember which played for us… briefly…
We all thought we has a good thing with EZ

Jordan Cameron was the TE who played for us. I saw him catch a td pass from Tannehill vs the titans in Dan campbell’s first game as interim HC. Blast from the past lol

Williams Is gone but looks like we are looking at a center at 21
They signed Brewer for 3 years. While it’s possible he could play guard instead, I believe they signed him to be their center for the next 3 years.

If they do draft an offensive lineman at 21, I expect that to be a lineman who can play tackle and guard and to eventually be the player who will replace Armstead in the lineup.

I like Powers-Johnson but he is considered as primary a center and I think after signing Brewer, Grier and McDaniel would rather draft a player who is seen as being a player able to play several positions on the OL.

It really won’t surprise me if they go DL in round one and OL in round two. If they aren’t able to sign a veteran WR to play as the #3 WR, the Dolphins drafting a WR in the first or second round is also still a possibility.

They signed Brewer for 3 years. While it’s possible he could play guard instead, I believe they signed him to be their center for the next 3 years.

If they do draft an offensive lineman at 21, I expect that to be a lineman who can play tackle and guard and to eventually be the player who will replace Armstead in the lineup.

I like Powers-Johnson but he is considered as primary a center and I think after signing Brewer, Grier and McDaniel would rather draft a player who is seen as being a player able to play several positions on the OL.

It really won’t surprise me if they go DL in round one and OL in round two. If they aren’t able to sign a veteran WR to play as the #3 WR, the Dolphins drafting a WR in the first or second round is also still a possibility.
That's just what Tannenbaum and a few pundits were saying 😂 🐻

Back
Top Bottom