Paul | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

His draft grade has him scoring in the range of an "average NFL starter" for his projection. The 36" arm length (base of shoulder to end of middle finger) is a plus. Of course the arm length can be similar to a hand size measurement-- it can be a positive, but it is far from a good/absolute projection for a player's success.

I was hoping for immediate help and contributions from our first two picks, not insurance. I am underwhelmed by the mosaic of the first two picks. I agree with the term "insurance." They may be good players eventually, but they do not seem ready to contribute now in a meaningful fashion.
I like when you say mosaic

Don’t know him and obviously was shocked at first. This is a former NFL draft scout that had a 1st round grade on him though.

An actual scout versus some podcasters.

Hmmmm. Tough call.

An actual scout versus some podcasters.

Hmmmm. Tough call.
Podcasters might be the least credible part of the media. I don't fault their willingness, but accuracy??? C'mon now, I would NEVER quote one of them as an authority.

Hell... the only podcaster type that i routinely tune in is my_doode and he doesn't do sports.

I saw an interaction earlier in the draft thread, in which someone posted about his pass pro and the one sack. He stated that Houston doesn't play anyone. Well, I just looked at the schedule, and they played Cincinnati, Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, West Virginia and Texas Tech. That's not the toughest schedule, but it's not a bunch of bums.

Podcasters might be the least credible part of the media. I don't fault their willingness, but accuracy??? C'mon now, I would NEVER quote one of them as an authority.

Hell... the only podcaster type that i routinely tune in is my_doode and he doesn't do sports.
You know I was mocking the folks quoting podcasters, of course...

In retrospect, do you think the prospects available at wr and CB at pick 21 were better prospects than chop, leaving theoretical positional need out of the question?

They were comparable. They just weren’t nearly the need. WTF would we have drafted a WR for?

Tell me that’s why you’re mad? Because you wanted a WR at 21?

"In the 33 games and 1,283 pass plays since that game, Eichenberg didn't allow a single sack and only gave up four quarterback hits (according to Pro Football Focus)."

I meant the sack stats, like the reference above. He didn't give up a sack his last 2 seasons.

Yeah I mean sacks aren’t a great stat to go off. Like on the opposite end where Chop didn’t have a ton of sacks, his pressure and impact was constant.

For example heres chop putting on major pressure forcing the qb to step up into a waiting DT’s arms. The tackle didn’t give up a sack in his stats but got completely blown up and defense still got a sack. This would be deemed as a negative play in pff’s rankings this a better indicator of overall play. Liam posted low 80’s grades his last two years, Paul ranked 1 and 2 in the 90’s for his grade. Not to mention Liam wasn’t a physical specimen like this dude.

Attachments

• trim_7DAEC9BC-E57B-4CE6-B47B-A730EA81DCFC.mov
    2.8 MB
Back
Top Bottom