PFN 7 round mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFN 7 round mock

Thanks for posting. Two things stand out to me regarding what I would expect. Bowers is not making it past the Saints and if he does someone is trying to get them though Indy would snatch him with the next pick. Next, no way we don't take Thomas if he's there at 21.
I think if Bowers gets past the Jets, he could be falling. I'd bet on the Saints taking a tackle or an edge player. The Colts and Jaguars could both use a pass catcher, but they also need players in the secondary, and the premium corners should be available to them. I think there's a chance Bowers falls to #21, and even then I think we pass on him. Picking TE in the top 20 hasn't worked out very well in the last few years, I think he falls because good players at other premium positions are available.

If drafting an OT in round 1 and an OG/OC in round 2 could help us solidify our line for the next few years, by getting younger and healthier, would you be opposed to taking OL in the first two rounds?

Tua and Penix would be an Alex Smith and rookie Pat Mahomes situation. Our QB room is a shambles if Tua gets hurt.
I don't hate the idea but would rather address other positions early ot trade down and take Jordan Travis much later, if he drops anywhere near as far as he does in mocks.

You basically doubled down on every position you drafted but the quarterback and I am wondering if you'll even sniff pick number 55
Well, that's the game with these silly simulators. If they give you a great deal, you take it. If I had to do it again, I would have passed on Penix and picked up Milton on day 3.

I think the Raiders are going to take Penix, if they do thats a scary team. If they dont then the Saints at 14, Seahawks at 16 and the Vikings at 23 are all candidates to take him.
The Raiders could possibly take him. Personally I see them skipping QB in round 1 and drafting defense or oline. Pierce wants to challenge for the division this season by going after other teams on D. I think they'll ride with Minshew this season, he gives them a chance every week and they take somebody like Fuaga or the top corner on their board.

The Saints aren't built for a rookie QB, they're not looking to the future. When they decide it's time to rebuild they're going to be ugly, 0-16 fire sale kind of situation.

I don't see Penix as being a fit with Kevin O'Connell. I think if they had their eyes on Penix there's no reason to get the #23 pick. I think they'll trade up for Maye if Washington pass on him, or they'll take McCarthy at #11, or maybe move up a few spots to secure him.

This is all my opinion, not to discredit yours at all. Chances are 99% of what I predict turns out to be nonsense.

I've just got this weird feeling that Penix and Nix both make it to round 2. The Raiders take Penix then, and Nix somehow makes it to the Rams. I don't think Shaun Payton is tying his reputation to the available #5 QB in the draft.

The Raiders could possibly take him. Personally I see them skipping QB in round 1 and drafting defense or oline. Pierce wants to challenge for the division this season by going after other teams on D. I think they'll ride with Minshew this season, he gives them a chance every week and they take somebody like Fuaga or the top corner on their board.

The Saints aren't built for a rookie QB, they're not looking to the future. When they decide it's time to rebuild they're going to be ugly, 0-16 fire sale kind of situation.

I don't see Penix as being a fit with Kevin O'Connell. I think if they had their eyes on Penix there's no reason to get the #23 pick. I think they'll trade up for Maye if Washington pass on him, or they'll take McCarthy at #11, or maybe move up a few spots to secure him.

This is all my opinion, not to discredit yours at all. Chances are 99% of what I predict turns out to be nonsense.

I've just got this weird feeling that Penix and Nix both make it to round 2. The Raiders take Penix then, and Nix somehow makes it to the Rams. I don't think Shaun Payton is tying his reputation to the available #5 QB in the draft.
I think the best way for the Raiders to contend in their division is to have a QB thats why I think they take Penix. They already have a good D and OL and good weapons. They just need a QB.

With as many desperate teams that need a QB I think all of the top 6 QB's will be selected in round 1.

I think the best way for the Raiders to contend in their division is to have a QB thats why I think they take Penix. They already have a good D and OL and good weapons. They just need a QB.

With as many desperate teams that need a QB I think all of the top 6 QB's will be selected in round 1.

I'm really looking forward to finding out, I think this is the most exciting draft for a number of years. I didn't really care last year, I was burned out.

I think if Bowers gets past the Jets, he could be falling. I'd bet on the Saints taking a tackle or an edge player. The Colts and Jaguars could both use a pass catcher, but they also need players in the secondary, and the premium corners should be available to them. I think there's a chance Bowers falls to #21, and even then I think we pass on him. Picking TE in the top 20 hasn't worked out very well in the last few years, I think he falls because good players at other premium positions are available.
No way

What about my scenario is so unlikely? Unless you think teams value tight ends over boundary corners and offensive tackles? Or you think teams aren't looking at players like Kyle Pitts, Noah Fantastic, Evan Engram, Hayden Hurst, Eric Ebron etc etc and saying TE isn't something they want to gamble a top 20 pick on?

There's a good chance the Jets take him, if not I think he could fall to us at #21, and we'll pass on him.

What about my scenario is so unlikely? Unless you think teams value tight ends over boundary corners and offensive tackles? Or you think teams aren't looking at players like Kyle Pitts, Noah Fantastic, Evan Engram, Hayden Hurst, Eric Ebron etc etc and saying TE isn't something they want to gamble a top 20 pick on?

There's a good chance the Jets take him, if not I think he could fall to us at #21, and we'll pass on him.
I'm not arguing with your logic for the pick, I just don't think he'll be available at 21, if he is I hope we pull the trigger, but not at the cost of moving up.TE's are important, but they are one of the final ingredients. You still need to build up from the trenches first. We are almost there.

Back
Top Bottom