Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not

Is Grier a genius or a dumbass?

• Total voters

I think Chop will play a lot, and I see hum being effective early. I think the defense will feel faster, more explosive, and chaotic when he's on the field, and while they'll ease him in somewhat, I expect Weaver to want him on the field as much as possible.

Paul obviously won't play unless there's an injury or in 6 OL packages, and he'd have to make some strides for Miami to want to get him out there. In the 2nd, you're not going to get an OT who checks the physical boxes to be high-level and has the polish to play early. If he doesn't develop, it's obviously a wasted pick, but character + desire to improve + elite physical tools = a good bet imo. Also, he played well in Houston. He just played well in spite of his very sloppy technique.

Wright will see a lot of time and touches imo. His blocking ability makes it easy to get him on the field.

Malik Washington is the 3rd best WR on the team, and Tahj is probably the 4th. Imo both are Day 2 picks in 8/10 drafts - maybe very early Day 3 for Tahj, but guys who can really play WR and have a nuanced feel and understanding of the position don't typically fall like that - no matter how short or slight they are.

I think Paul is the only guy who isn't ready to contribute in some fashion early, and who knows how quickly he develops.

I was totally on board with the pick of Chop at 21. I see the need and he was value there. But, if Kamara has a better pro career I would not be surprised.

I hope you're right bro.

Im ok with being patient with Paul. We needed a plan for Armstead's replacement and like you said, you'd be hard pressed to find a starter at OT in round 2. That said, Lamm will need to stay healthy because we will be lucky if Armstead graces us with his presence for more than 8 games. The good news is that since Armstead is too special to practice with his teammates Paul will get a lot of quality reps.

Last year I felt Achane was a gadget player and I got attacked. People told us he was a 3 down back. Now we grabbed ANOTHER RB with the promise he can be a 3 down back. (Again, I like Wright) So I feel like we wasted a pick on Achane last year, or wasted a pick on Wright this year. Committee is fine and dandy, but we have gaping holes on other squads, why keep bolstering these areas?

Leading us to WR. I dont mind the players, but fail to see them supplanting Berrios or Craycraft or both. Which one is the big bodied possession receiver? We keep doubling down on smurfs.....why? Speed? I felt Berrios got open often enough, Tua just never threw it to him. Unless we have drastic changes to the offense, I dont see anyone other than Hill and Waddle getting targets.

We got stomped in several games last year because we were not as physical as our competition. Where is our physicality? A pass rusher that doesnt get his hands on anyone? A RB that runs outside zone but struggles between the tackles? Another WR that will get swallowed up by defenses?

I hope to God you're right bro, but Im bracing myself for a disaster this year.
How do you feel Achane was a waisted pick? Because we drafted another RB? You do realize that Raheem Mostert is getting old and we'll need a replacement. Also we did have injury issues last year in our RB room.

Let's look at Grier's drafting since 2018 to 2023:

QB: Tua Tagovailoa, Skylar Thompson. That's not good.
RB: Kalen Ballage, Chandler Cox, Myles Gaskin, Malcolm Perry, Gerrid Doaks, Devon Achane. Not good.
WR: Jaylen Waddle, Erik Ezukanma, Elijah Higgins. 30% hit rate, not good.
TE: Mike Gesicki, Durham Smythe, Hunter Long
OT: Isaiah Prince, Austin Jackson, Larnell Coleman, Ryan Haynes
IOL: Michael Dieter, Robert Hunt, Solomon Kindley, Liam Eichenberg

DT: Christian Wilkins, Raekwon Davis
DE: Jason Strawbridge, Curtis Weaver, Jaelan Phillios, Cameron Goode
LB: Jerome Baker, Quentin Polling, Andrew Van Ginkel, Channing Tindall
S: Minkah Fitzpatrick, Brandon Jones, Javon Holland
CB: Cornell Armstrong, Noah Igbinoghene, Cam Smith

This guy cannot draft anything except DT and S. He is a disaster, expert in wasting time and money.

RB: Kalen Ballage, Chandler Cox, Myles Gaskin, Malcolm Perry, Gerrid Doaks, Devon Achane. Not good.

This guy cannot draft anything except DT and S. He is a disaster, expert in wasting time and money.
...and if you had added in the multiple #1s and assorted throw ins that we surrendered for Ramsey, Hill, Chubb, and tampering... rather than lumping in all the late round draft picks... while leaving the successful UDFAs out,

You'd get a different picture.

You would have drafted Milton in the first.

...and if you had added in the multiple #1s and assorted throw ins that we surrendered for Ramsey, Hill, Chubb, and tampering... rather than lumping in all the late round draft picks... while leaving the successful UDFAs out,

You'd get a different picture.

You would have drafted Milton in the first.

He cannot be a GM.

AVG was a 5th round pick.

Smythe, Baker and Brandon Jones were third rounders.

All had very productive careers, most earned at least a second contract with the team.

Hunt was a second round pick who is now one of the highest paid Guards in the league.

AJ is our franchise right tackle.

The only way to explain your post is that you have some personal animus against Grier or you donā€™t really follow the team very closely

Given 85.9% of those polled think Grier is doing an okay or great job does that mean the the other 14:1% are now contractually obliged to admit they are;
A) Wrong
B) A vocal minority
C) Correct irrespective of the result

Hang on there is a poll in that somewhere

As you guys know I have been critical of Grier through the years. Overall, though he's one of the best GMs in the league. I love the way he "wheels and deals". My only gripe...and it's a major one...is his philosophy of not putting more emphasis on the OL.

Saying the Dolphins havent been "risky" with draft picks is flat out wrong. Perhaps in terms of development, yeah, but they've always been a risk taking franchise when it comes to injury history. Especially our current regime.

Back
Top Bottom