Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Poll: Grier biggest ****ing Idiot or not

Is Grier a genius or a dumbass?

• Total voters
Yes but you couldn’t go wrong with that pick. There was no way we weren’t drafting a QB at 5. It was Tua or Herbert. I think giving Grier credit for that pick is reaching but that’s just my opinion

Special Forces Is This Safe GIF by Beverley Mitchell

Let’s roll back the tape prior to the draft and even before the season ending injury

Broken hip

Would the hip even heal properly?

Injured all the time tight rope surgeries yada yada yada

Had help from a track team of WRs

Had the best OLine in the country

Prior to the draft - One read QB

Left handed

Prior to the draft Non athletic - Greg Cowsell

Prior to the draft zero nfl intangibles - Greg Cowsell

Prior to the draft - pathetic SB game manager
Trent Dilfer of all people “backed him”

Tua had the best college coach in history

How would Tua ever see over an OLine?

Prior to the draft Weak arm - Greg Cowsell

Prior to the draft In athletic - Greg Cowsell

Prior to the draft - Without a pocket Tua wouldn’t be able to step into his throws - Greg Cowsell

Prior to the draft - Tua’s family would be an issue to an NFL club

Sarcasm Eye Roll GIF by LittleDemonFX

Is this enough chum???

@JamesWsenior

Let’s roll back the tape prior to the draft and even before the season ending injury

Broken hip

Left handed

Non athletic

Prior to the draft - Without a pocket Tua wouldn’t be able to step into his throws - Greg Cowsell

Is this enough chum???

@JamesWsenior
Yeah that should bring out the anti-tua sharks en masse 😂

Broken hip

Left handed

Prior to the draft Non athletic - Greg Cowsell

Prior to the draft zero nfl intangibles - Greg Cowsell

Prior to the draft - Tua’s family would be an issue to an NFL club

Is this enough chum???

@JamesWsenior
OOOR could’ve just gone with Herbert if he didn’t like Tuas question marks. I’ll stand by what I said. He really couldn’t have gone wrong with that pick

OOOR could’ve just gone with Herbert if he didn’t like Tuas question marks. I’ll stand by what I said. He really couldn’t have gone wrong with that pick

Which one? You said there was no decision and Grier shouldn’t be credited with making one and yet he bet on Tua who had a bad bad bad track record

You stand by what you said

Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF

Having watched him in hard knocks, it’s pretty clear that he’s truly thinking about what he’s gonna say. Not a bad thing from me.
Unless the seeming indecisive and searching for answers is inherent in his overall personality.

In the pressure of real time game decision making, that is not really a virtue.

Not saying that is the case, but it may be part of the reason play calls and adjustments are slow.

When he struggles with coachspeak, it gives the impression that he is trying to too hard, IMO.

Last edited:
Which one? You said there was no decision and Grier shouldn’t be credited with making one and yet he bet on Tua who had a bad bad bad track record

You stand by what you said

Talking Blah Blah Blah GIF
Correct. We were going with a QB at 5. Tua or Herbert were going to be the pick and you weren’t going to go wrong with either.

Unless the seeming indecisive and searching for answers is inherent in his overall personality.

Not saying that is the case, but it may be part of the reason okay calls and adjustments are slow.

When he struggles with coachspeak, it gives the impression that he is trying to too hard, IMO.

I like the commitment to honesty and transparency, and it sure seems like quite a few NFL players enjoy the way McDaniel does things. Even guys who have since left have praised McDaniel's honesty and avoiding the typical pitfalls of head coaches - likely including coach speak in there.

Feels like comparing actual thought and discussion to open ended questions to football game time decisions doesn't seem equal to me but maybe you're right. Who knows.

I like the commitment to honesty and transparency, and it sure seems like quite a few NFL players enjoy the way McDaniel does things. Even guys who have since left have praised McDaniel's honesty and avoiding the typical pitfalls of head coaches - likely including coach speak in there.

Feels like comparing actual thought and discussion to open ended questions to football game time decisions doesn't seem equal to me but maybe you're right. Who knows.
Oh, I wasn't proclaiming anything, Just mullng over a possiblity.

I do find his searching for words to be painful at times. He tries to ma is e wordy statements out of simple things. There is an art to dealing with media and giving non answers.

I mean many times the questions that are coming are quite obvious. He even has a media executive to prep him, as well as players.

Having said that, if that's his worst shortcoming, I'll take him all day, every day.

I just don't see it as a virtue, nor do I see it as something that needs rationalization.

It is what it is....... And it isn't "smooth".

Not saying that is the case, but it may be part of the reason okay calls and adjustments are slow.

I mean to mean when he's doing breakdowns (anything not explicitly interviews) he talks "normal". I dont doubt his decision making In games.

Also think there's some bias as fans of the team about "calls" bc we wanna win. Probably a thing across all teams. Mans does need to stop throwing Fades to Hill tho

I mean to mean when he's doing breakdowns (anything not explicitly interviews) he talks "normal". I dont doubt his decision making In games.

Also think there's some bias as fans of the team about "calls" bc we wanna win. Probably a thing across all teams. Mans does need to stop throwing Fades to Hill tho
I wasn't really referring to the individual play calls. It was more about taking too much time overthinking it, If the play call comes in late, it affects everyone from Tua, to the other skills, to the line calls. It's much easier if everyone can have time to get set, get a look at the defense, have a second to assess, make the blocking call, etc.

Unless it is a "hurry up" situation that should be more or less practiced and scripted anyway, there's really no reason for the clock to get under 8-10 seconds before breaking the huddle, and it happens too frequently, IMO.

I wasn't really referring to the individual play calls. It was more about taking too much time overthinking it, If the play call comes in late, it affects everyone from Tua, to the other skills, to the line calls. It's much easier if everyone can have time to get set, get a look at the defense, have a second to assess, make the blocking call, etc.

Unless it is a "hurry up" situation that should be more or less practiced and scripted anyway, there's really no reason for the clock to get under 8-10 seconds before breaking the huddle, and it happens too frequently, IMO.
Ah I gotcha. Hopefully that gets cleaned up.

Go higher that Grier if you want the one responsible.

Back
Top Bottom