Post Draft Free Agent Signings | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Post Draft Free Agent Signings

A lot of that is predicated on the way the Ravens and Lamar Jackson play. Baltimore is a run first offense and Jackson isn't a timing passing type QB. I think OBJ would work better with a guy like Tua who throws on time to a precise spot on the field. I think Becham is better suited for being an outside receiver than Malik Washington is, especially at this point in their careers.
Not a bad point but I just don't see him producing enough should be get starter targets.

If he is on the field more it is just more likely he will break down.

I don't buy that.
The dolphins are gonna have problems w an ego guy in south Florida - Tua was too locked into Hill.. put another big fat ego in that mix the team will suffer… Tyreek is immature - see house fire….OBJ Is immature..these two are gonna have issues imho…leave it alone - let a young hungry rookie who is good enough play for all the scraps he can collect… just my opinion..

The dolphins are gonna have problems w an ego guy in south Florida - Tua was too locked into Hill.. put another big fat ego in that mix the team will suffer… Tyreek is immature - see house fire….OBJ Is immature..these two are gonna have issues imho…leave it alone - let a young hungry rookie who is good enough play for all the scraps he can collect… just my opinion..
OBJ was lauded for being a great locker room leader last year

The offical report said the house fire was started by a child in the house. Nothing we've read has suggested Hill started the fire or was even there at the time. Why is this a sign of Hill immaturity? I get that we might think people in the home are covering for Hill, but nothing has come close to suggesting that theory.

The offical report said the house fire was started by a child in the house. Nothing we've read has suggested Hill started the fire or was even there at the time. Why is this a sign of Hill immaturity? I get that we might think people in the home are covering for Hill, but nothing has come close to suggesting that theory.
Exactly… cuz his young child was playing w a lighter near curtains - while he and one of multiple baby mommas failed to know what’s going on w the child in their mansion….plus Hill has encountered the law for being too agggressive w people..he’s not a bad person he’s somewhat immature…

The team no longer needs OBJ
I think ppl are reading way too much into the earlier OBJ rumors to begin with.

Much like the Cook situation last year when everyone was all up in arms over it.

It's more likely the Phins offered a very low ball deal with a take it or leave it attitude, and quickly moved on when it became apparent the player had no interest under those conditions.

Fan interest and discussion was far greater than that within the organization.

Miami Dolphins

What will the Dolphins do at right guard?

The Dolphins addressed a future need at tackle, drafting Houston's Patrick Paul in the second round. But they have no clear starter at right guard and passed on interior offensive linemen -- with Graham Barton and Christian Haynes on the board when they picked in the first two rounds. Miami will have roughly $18 million in cap space clearing after June 1 and must feel confident in its ability to fill that void with a veteran rather than a rookie. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

I’m sorry that this won’t be popular but Eichenberg did a good job at Right guard and seems to have good chemistry with Jackson. Left Guard and Backup Center are the Spots to fill. Our Line looks amazingly different if Eichenberg finds a home at Right guard and Thrives.

Everything you said is correct.

Now… back to reality… do you truly believe they’ll do that? Get home field advantage? Do you truly believe we’ll stay healthy at the important spots all year long? Honest questions no condescension
Honestly that's a tough question to answer but I'd say it would be really hard to be as snake bitten with injuries at the end of the season like last year. Don't blow the Tennessee game at home or get unlucky af and have Goode tear an ACL and take out Ingold at the same time on the punt return against the bills and we could've won that game. So why not? I'm 39, have watched the dolphins literally since I can remember (so 4-5 years old) and our last super bowl appearance was 8 months before I was born. So I've been a long suffering fin fan like the rest of you but I'm choosing optimism over doom and gloom like 90% of this board. Not referring to you btw, your reply was a good point and respectful.

It’s insane to me that the response to get tougher is “well let’s just play perfect the first 3/4 of the season so we don’t have to get tougher!”

Which is basically what you’re saying when your concept is “just get home field advantage”. How about build a system that wins regardless?
Where did I say we didn't need to get tougher? Toughness on the defense was definitely needed against KC with Duke and Kader looking like they didn't want to tackle Mahomes or Pacheco. My point was Miami is built for speed on offense and playing at home instead of a game with temps that shouldn't even have been played is optimal. I think Weaver will make this team tougher but it was injuries and not beating Tennessee that put us in that position, not toughness. Well that and McGenius being too cute with some play calling and not being able to pick up a 3rd and 1 too many times during the regular season.

Honestly that's a tough question to answer but I'd say it would be really hard to be as snake bitten with injuries at the end of the season like last year. Don't blow the Tennessee game at home or get unlucky af and have Goode tear an ACL and take out Ingold at the same time on the punt return against the bills and we could've won that game. So why not? I'm 39, have watched the dolphins literally since I can remember (so 4-5 years old) and our last super bowl appearance was 8 months before I was born. So I've been a long suffering fin fan like the rest of you but I'm choosing optimism over doom and gloom like 90% of this board. Not referring to you btw, your reply was a good point and respectful.
Fair enough

Fair enough
Wtf, you aren't supposed to answer like that. This is finheaven, not a place where level headed thinking happens 😂🤣 Jokes aside it's nice that we can have different opinions but also see each other's pov w/o losing our **** like most of these guys. This is why I never posted on here but after the round 1 meltdown on here I said eff it. Now y'all are going to be hearing from me all the time haha

Wtf, you aren't supposed to answer like that. This is finheaven, not a place where level headed thinking happens 😂🤣 Jokes aside it's nice that we can have different opinions but also see each other's pov w/o losing our **** like most of these guys. This is why I never posted on here but after the round 1 meltdown on here I said eff it. Now y'all are going to be hearing from me all the time haha
lol well bro you’ll get your wish with a ton of other posters. Apparently I have an ego bc I came back at somebody for questioning my knowledge.

I give it how I get it. Long as you cool with me I’ll be cooo with you. As you said even though I disagree with you… we don’t have to tear the other down trying to make a point.

Back
Top Bottom