Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

I feel like the "just take Barton" contingent is overlooking the fact that Grier, historically takes "premium" postion groups only in round 1. Those being QB, WR, OT, Edge/Pass Rusher & Corner.

I like Barton alot, but I'm gun shy about getting my hopes up for this reason. Barton is most likley a Guard & I don't think Grier will take a Guard at #21.
Yes, that has been the case with CG thus far as GM...but when he took over those were positions of dire need. This roster has great talent at WR, CB, Edge and QB...and the LT and RT are in place and signed for a few years. Yes, TA flirted with retirement but a couple playoff wins will bring his non-practicing a5s back in 25...we have a glaring hole at RG. CG is not stupid, he's surely aware that his 39th pick in Robert Hunt is no longer here and it is a dire need. Expecting a guard of Barton, Haynes or Beebe's talent to be sitting there at 55 would be foolish, considering the league is aware of that glaring hole!!

What if we take Barton and play him as center, its supposed to be his best positon right? Year one too
Brewer could slide to rg..
Then, we draft a prospective tackle later that could play rotational or fill for injuries..
That leaves our depth 3 deep at each ol spot
'If' the prospective shows promise we could always slide them in next year at rt like with aj, who'd go to lt
Best part is Eich could actually be phased out if any signed fa's or udfa's show out, let me dream please.

I think people are under rating him now. In your opinion does he have potential to become a Shaun Hutchinson or Zack Martin calibre guard? His athleticism really stands out on film.
I assume you mean Steve Hutchinson. I never heard of any Shaun Hutchinson.

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: it's within his range of outcomes, but I wouldn't expect it, because it's such an outlier outcome. I think he has an excellent chance to be a very good Guard who CAN play OT in a pinch, who could see some Pro Bowls and All Pro teams. That wouldn't be a pie-in-the-sky outcome for him. He's excellent.
Let's hope if we get him that he is another Joe Thuney before reaching for the stars with the comps.

you're thinking about 2025 when 2024 hasn’t even started yet....you want to draft a guy like Mims and sitting him for a year?....that'd be the 3rd year in a row we get nothing from our top pick.....tindall/Cam Smith
Understand your point, but I respectfully disagree Danny. If we pick an OT they will most certainly see a lot of playing time. Armstead is now a part time player only. Giving a rookie LT a year of part time starting experience and then full time takeover in 2025 would be a solid strategy. But everything depends on who’s available.

What if we take Barton and play him as center, its supposed to be his best positon right? Year one too
Brewer could slide to rg..
Then, we draft a prospective tackle later that could play rotational or fill for injuries..
That leaves our depth 3 deep at each ol spot
'If' the prospective shows promise we could always slide them in next year at rt like with aj, who'd go to lt
Best part is Eich could actually be phased out if any signed fa's or udfa's show out, let me dream please.
I suspect that Brewer is too small to play Guard... he came into the league at 275 and he might... might be 295 now.
He's got Center size, and he's more quick than strong. I really... dont think he's a Guard.

Understand your point, but I respectfully disagree Danny. If we pick an OT they will most certainly see a lot of playing time. Armstead is now a part time player only. Giving a rookie LT a year of part time starting experience and then full time takeover in 2025 would be a solid strategy. But everything depends on who’s available.
if/when Armstead goes down, Lamm will play LT. That's why they brought him back........I'm fine with drafting an OT as long as he can also play guard at least for a year.

if/when Armstead goes down, Lamm will play LT. That's why they brought him back........I'm fine with drafting an OT as long as he can also play guard at least for a year.
What would Ozzie do? What 2 players would he draft at 21 and 55?

What would Ozzie do? What 2 players would he draft at 21 and 55?
not sure what ozzie would do but Ozzy would draft Fautanu if he's there...if he's not then Barton......hard to tell at 55 cause it'd depend on who's there but there will be several WR's that could make sense.......also a few DT's could be there like Fiske/Jenkins/Orhorhoro

If I had to put my money on one player, it'd be Graham Barton. Fit is perfect, he has a chance to be there, Day 1 starter for Miami, and he'd be a value (Top 20 grade for me).
I think he is a steeler one pick before us. (I see you addressed that after reading the whole thread).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom