Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

I don't like Mims at #21. He has only 14-16 starts and 28 games total, not at LT. Talent is probably there but it developmental talent that is not ready for NFL starter, especially at LT. Guyton is closer but still primarily a RT. IMO he's too tall for a G. If there's a better Tackle (like one of the 'F' names or Morgan) they might be the best option. If Barton is there, we would have better possibilities on the interior of the OL. We can stay with Brewer at Center or switch him and Barton, with Brewer at RG, or switch Wynn over to RG where he might be better suited, let Barton Center and start Brewer at LG because of his mobility. I'm all in on fixing the OL this year primarily because of the talent available this year. The huckleberry could be if one of the two stud DT's are still there... IMO, CB or WR would be 'luxury' picks with so many other needs.
We should be that lucky. He has 8 starts in college. 682 snaps in the past two seasons.

I don't think a trade down from 21 is likely just based on parsing what Grier said in his PC.

Two things stood out to me.

One was that the team had less than 21 players with 1st round grades on their board but he expected a couple of them to be available at 21. I didn't get the impression he'd pass on those last couple of players with 1st round grades unless it was a deal that was too good to pass up. I think that would only happen if some team was desperate to trade up for a QB.

The second things was that when asked about a trade down, he answered as if it was only a consideration with pick 55. I think he really wants to add more picks in that 3rd-4th round range, but is only thinking about using 55 to accomplish that.
This is the time of the season for misinformation. Why should we believe Grier is going to be forthcoming about anything to do with ranking players?

And that’s based on? Hope your right so I would not be disappointed but I believe he was one of the worst C in the league last year
Watching him play. He moves like an RB in the open field. He is going to feast in the wide zone scheme.

as for rankings, PFF graded him the 11th Center in the league last season.

I doubt a trade down also. Miami won’t risk losing one of their top ratted players. The only way they would is if their first round rated players are picked clean

But what if 4 of their first round targets are available and the offer is to trade down 2 or 3 spots?

But what if 4 of their first round targets are available and the offer is to trade down 2 or 3 spots?
I doubt that will be the case that they would have that many of their targets available to them, but sure, if that happens they would be crazy not to consider it.

Then you were mis-informed.

About Brewer?
He was the worst or 2nd worst pass blocking center in the league last year and one of the worst the previous year.

So if it's Breawrt, he's not mis-informed.

If you're talking about someone else, GRYPHONK apologizes lol

And when Brewer performs well, the lemmings will be the first to say they supported him all along! :lol:

Well I would hope so.

I'm a Brewer doubter.
However, I have no problem admitting if I was wrong on a player.

If a player performs well, regardless of one's opinion, I would hope they would support the player.

Also, barring the draft. Brewer is our starting . I will support him all season long. This is what I would wish the Tua doubters would do. Support the team and players.

But Miami was 31 in pass blocking win rate last year. Brewer was the worst
pass blocking C In the league last year and bad the year before.

I will support him all 20 games until the SB win.

But if he is bad at pass blocking and our o line is bad again. NOBODY should be surprised.

Well I would hope so.

I'm a Brewer doubter.
However, I have no problem admitting if I was wrong on a player.

If a player performs well, regardless of one's opinion, I would hope they would support the player.

Also, barring the draft. Brewer is our starting . I will support him all season long. This is what I would wish the Tua doubters would do. Support the team and players.

But Miami was 31 in pass blocking win rate last year. Brewer was the worst
pass blocking C In the league last year and bad the year before.

I will support him all 20 games until the SB win.

But if he is bad at pass blocking and our o line is bad again. NOBODY should be surprised.
I respect you, and your opinion. And I’ve been wrong many times. Let us both hope for the best! And I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting a Center in the later rounds.

About Brewer?
He was the worst or 2nd worst pass blocking center in the league last year and one of the worst the previous year.

So if it's Breawrt, he's not mis-informed.

If you're talking about someone else, GRYPHONK apologizes lol
No. I was talking about Brewer. He was the 11th ranked center in the league. He was also asked to do things in pass protection in Tennessee that he won’t be asked to do in Miami’s offense. He also is fairly new to the center position, so I expect him to improve.

This is the time of the season for misinformation. Why should we believe Grier is going to be forthcoming about anything to do with ranking players?
That seemed like a straight forward answer to me. And it doesn't hurt them strategically. He could of have just said "we have players we like at 21" and left it at that. In my experience, most teams, most years have 15 - 20 players with first round grades. It seemed reasonable and probaly true that they don't have 21 players with first round grades. And we've all done the math. There are QBs that probably shouldn't have 1st grades that will go in the first.

No. I was talking about Brewer. He was the 11th ranked center in the league. He was also asked to do things in pass protection in Tennessee that he won’t be asked to do in Miami’s offense. He also is fairly new to the center position, so I expect him to improve.

What was he asked to do in Tennessee in pass protection that he won't be expected to do in Miami?

Hold a block?

Back
Top Bottom