Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

I'm wondering if McDaniel and Grier will want to play it safe in the 1st, like go for a double that is at least a single, or swing for the fences which could also mean striking out? Barton is very much the former. He may not ever be great, but he will at least be a solid long-term starter you can win with, and feel glad you have him on your line.
Grier likes to swing for the fences, which is why I think Guyton is a possibility.

We'd probably have to move up for him, the Steelers are at 20 and the rumors around there are he will be the selection if he's there.

I think one of the Top OT's, Fuaga, Fautanu, or Barton will be on the board. I'm OK if it's someone beside Barton, but if I had to guess who is most likely to be there, it's probably Barton. I do believe Pittsburgh likes him, too, but they might like someone else (who they didn't expect to be available) even more.

I've long wanted a thread focused on what FH thinks Mcd/Grier will do at 21. This seems very close. Thanks a million times.
In a perfect world, the INSTANT the #20 pick is made, there will be a thread allowing FH to predict Miami's pick (or trade). THAT would be awesome.
Be quick after 20. Who knows Grier might run up the card quick quick instead of drawing it out to the last possible second for TV lol

Please re read the rules Blake 😂

One Pick only Vasily.

Name him.

Animated GIF

that sounds good but then you have the same crap we had last year at guard....this is why I want an OL guy that can play guard this year and then either stay at guard or maybe move to OT if need be
True, but Miami is really going to have a problem next season at tackle if they don’t find one this season. Armstead will be gone, Miami will have very little cap space to bring in a free agent at what is one of the most expensive positions to fill, and they most likely will not have as good a chance to land as good a tackle in next year’s draft as they will this season. And even if they do, that player will be a rookie and have to be thrown to the wolves. I think they can add a guard after the draft with Howard’s money.

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: it's within his range of outcomes, but I wouldn't expect it, because it's such an outlier outcome. I think he has an excellent chance to be a very good Guard who CAN play OT in a pinch, who could see some Pro Bowls and All Pro teams. That wouldn't be a pie-in-the-sky outcome for him. He's excellent.
All sounds good, but that doesn’t solve the pending problem Miami is going to face once Armstead is gone. How will Miami address the lack of a viable option at left tackle with almost no cap space available to address it in free agency?

I think one of the Top OT's, Fuaga, Fautanu, or Barton will be on the board. I'm OK if it's someone beside Barton, but if I had to guess who is most likely to be there, it's probably Barton. I do believe Pittsburgh likes him, too, but they might like someone else (who they didn't expect to be available) even more.
A Barton pick is one I'd feel really good about.

Back
Top Bottom