Predict our 1st Round Pick | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Predict our 1st Round Pick

All sounds good, but that doesn’t solve the pending problem Miami is going to face once Armstead is gone. How will Miami address the lack of a viable option at left tackle with almost no cap space available to address it in free agency?

I'd prefer Mims or Latham, but I think they probably both go before Barton. To me, the jump down from Barton to Guyton is to steep.

True, but Miami is really going to have a problem next season at tackle if they don’t find one this season. Armstead will be gone, Miami will have very little cap space to bring in a free agent at what is one of the most expensive positions to fill, and they most likely will not have as good a chance to land as good a tackle in next year’s draft as they will this season. And even if they do, that player will be a rookie and have to be thrown to the wolves. I think they can add a guard after the draft with Howard’s money.
you're thinking about 2025 when 2024 hasn’t even started yet....you want to draft a guy like Mims and sitting him for a year?....that'd be the 3rd year in a row we get nothing from our top pick.....tindall/Cam Smith

I'd prefer Mims or Latham, but I think they probably both go before Barton. To me, the jump down from Barton to Guyton is to steep.
Maybe, but not at tackle. I just don’t see Barton as a tackle. I’d be fine with Barton, but that doesn’t address Miami’s issue at tackle after this season

you're thinking about 2025 when 2024 hasn’t even started yet....you want to draft a guy like Mims and sitting him for a year?....that'd be the 3rd year in a row we get nothing from our top pick.....tindall/Cam Smith
Is that what the draft is all about? Just this year? Especially the first round? What makes you so sure that even a guy like Barton could start immediately?

Maybe, but not at tackle. I just don’t see Barton as a tackle. I’d be fine with Barton, but that doesn’t address Miami’s issue at tackle after this season

Right, but I don't think you skip tiers because you have a need at OT. There are other ways to address the position. If one of the top OT's is available, I'd go in that direction, but Miami also has needs at Guard, so I think they should feel good about adding a player of that caliber if the top OT's are gone.

Is that what the draft is all about? Just this year? Especially the first round? What makes you so sure that even a guy like Barton could start immediately?
very simple, I look at who we got at guard now which is the same crap we had last year so yes, Barton would start

Right, but I don't think you skip tiers because you have a need at OT. There are other ways to address the position. If one of the top OT's is available, I'd go in that direction, but Miami also has needs at Guard, so I think they should feel good about adding a player of that caliber if the top OT's are gone.
I don’t love the idea of taking a guard in the first round. I guess Barton’s true value as a first rounder is being able to play center also, and tackle as an emergency option

very simple, I look at who we got at guard now which is the same crap we had last year so yes, Barton would start
You could have said the same thing about Cam Smith last year after Ramsey got hurt and after the really impressive preseason he had, but he didn’t see the field at all. There is only one guard spot up for grabs, maybe. Wynn is penciled in at one spot, and , like it or not, Eichenberg is penciled in at the other. Will the coaching staff leapfrog either one of them for a rookie? We’ll see.

I think we will go D

One of..
Verse
Latu
Murphy

I think one of them will be there at 21

You could have said the same thing about Cam Smith last year after Ramsey got hurt and after the really impressive preseason he had, but he didn’t see the field at all. There is only one guard spot up for grabs, maybe. Wynn is penciled in at one spot, and , like it or not, Eichenberg is penciled in at the other. Will the coaching staff leapfrog either one of them for a rookie? We’ll see.
If we drafted an OL who has the ability to play OG in the first and don’t start him over Eichenberg, boy, that would lead to some serious questions. First, for the coaches who make that call. Second, for Grier potentially blowing a first round pick.

Wynn gets hurt every year so I'm not counting on him. I agree that at least of guard for this coming season is already on the team......I'm just hoping the other guard will be a draft pick but tbh, I'm not holding my breath that this team will see it that way.......the two strongest positions on this draft are OL/WR so the smart move would be to draft those with our top 2 picks but this team hasn’t always done the smart thing on draft day.

Back
Top Bottom