Proof The Dolphins Tampering Penalty Was About Flores, And Not Tampering? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Proof The Dolphins Tampering Penalty Was About Flores, And Not Tampering?

phinsforlife

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Article linked to below about LaVonte David hinting that Tampa tampered with Brady. Is what the Dolphins did any different from what Tampa did? In fact I could argue less bad, for a variety of reasons. Tampa ended up with the player, Miami did not. When Miami was alleged to have tampered, Brady's deal wasn't even up. The evidence against Tampa is also a lot clearer, because Arians spoke about it publicly. And yet Miami got popped bigly for tampering, and nothing for Tampa except a Super Bowl ring? Hmmmm. Yup. Flores. That was this years 3rd rounder too. My 2 cents.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ntial-tom-brady-tampering-by-the-bucs-in-2020

Article linked to below about LaVonte David hinting that Tampa tampered with Brady. Is what the Dolphins did any different from what Tampa did? In fact I could argue less bad, for a variety of reasons. Tampa ended up with the player, Miami did not. When Miami was alleged to have tampered, Brady's deal wasn't even up. The evidence against Tampa is also a lot clearer, because Arians spoke about it publicly. And yet Miami got popped bigly for tampering, and nothing for Tampa except a Super Bowl ring? Hmmmm. Yup. Flores. That was this years 3rd rounder too. My 2 cents.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ntial-tom-brady-tampering-by-the-bucs-in-2020
Flores is such a weak ass punk snitch. I mean racism? Obviously our black GM, and our owner who hired a black coach, i.e. him aren’t racist. It’s ridiculous. On top of that, The owner was just trying to do his best to win, which would’ve served Flores’ interests. Flores no doubt backed out of the whole Brady thing because he felt loyalty to Belichick. The same Belichick who texted the wrong Brian as in Flores instead of Daboll to congratulate him on winning the Giants job which is what set off this whole thing in motion to begin with. Then he went scorched earth. I’m surprised he’s still in the league, that snake cannot be trusted.

That’s not what “proof” means, but I get what you’re implying.

Maybe?

I love bashing Fangio :)
I didn't care for his philosophy, or his old man attitude, but was it really his fault?

The signs were pretty obvious that he had questionable desire to be here, and that was from the outside looking in. Many just preferred to close their eyes and ears to anyone that said so. Remember those Fangio threads and the rah rah BS from last preseason? He was the guru. He was our savior.

The organization has to bear substantial responsibility here too. The either read the room very poorly, or ignored it completely and just threw money at the problem until any reasonable person would have taken the money. I don't think VF ever respected McDs authority from day one, so we probably told him he won't answer to anyone. That is a completely untenable situation to begin with.

The reason I don't care is because it is over. It isn't going to affect anything moving forward, and I would like to think both McD and Grier learned a lesson.

I didn't care for his philosophy, or his old man attitude, but was it really his fault?

The signs were pretty obvious that he had questionable desire to be here, and that was from the outside looking in. Many just preferred to close their eyes and ears to anyone that said so. Remember those Fangio threads and the rah rah BS from last preseason? He was the guru. He was our savior.

The organization has to bear substantial responsibility here too. The either read the room very poorly, or ignored it completely and just threw money at the problem until any reasonable person would have taken the money. I don't think VF ever respected McDs authority from day one, so we probably told him he won't answer to anyone. That is a completely untenable situation to begin with.

The reason I don't care is because it is over. It isn't going to affect anything moving forward, and I would like to think both McD and Grier learned a lesson.
He took the job and then grumbled and bitched the whole year while mailing it.

Yes, it was his fault.

absolutely the blame is on the coach and GM for not reading the room.

I blame him because he took the job and stole money from us.

Eh. I've already been to this concert. Have the T shirt, the keychain and even the coffee mug. It's over. It happened. Let's just focus on this season.

I think the punishment handed down to the Dolphins was about 2 things:

The NFL being very worried that any franchise would do something to tarnish the shield through what could be perceived as racism. That is a huge area of concern in any business where most of the employees (i.e. players) are minorities and where most of leadership and management (i.e. coaches & Owners) are not.

The NFL feeling it needed to send a message to the Owner's about acting independently as though they had complete authority (i.e. feeling free to set up private meetings to negotiate and scheme with players and/or coaches). This is also something the NFL does not want it's Owners feeling they can do without severe penalty.

To be 100% clear, this was not a Miami Dolphins thing or a complete validation of Flores' claims. This was a punishment handed down from the NFL to let Stephen Ross know he needed to slow his role.

Last edited:
He stole his own salary?

C'mon DJ! :lol:
intentions are values and morally related imo.

At this level bro, to take on one of the most important positions in the game, for a multi billion dollar organization, with millions of fans hope at stake, and you know deep down you ain’t gonna do the work, or really give a ****, in football that’s as close to stealing as you can get.

intentions are values and morally related imo.

At this level bro, to take on one of the most important positions in the game, for a multi billion dollar organization, with millions of fans hope at stake, and you know deep down you ain’t gonna do the work, or really give a ****, in football that’s as close to stealing as you can get.

Well, I don't agree that Fangio mailed it in to begin with so you and I need not bicker about that.

And that's not stealing any way you cut it. That's the Dolphins hiring the wrong guy.

Own it and move on.

Back
Top Bottom