Quick and Dirty Cap Math | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick and Dirty Cap Math

Ramsey:
2024: 8m
2025: 26.2m
2026: Dead Cap 18.5m

This one is going to hurt in 2026 and like the Hoard contract, it's going to suck at the end. We've moved a lot of this contract into dead money. This one, due to Ramsey's age, is probably unfixable.

Those of you who are all-in fans... this contract is for you.

It will be ugly in the end, but I'll take 3 good years and one in the grave over consistent 9-8

The other thing that I am reading from this is just how little we seem to trust in Tyreek going forward. I won't speculate whether this is mainly age or character based, but they've rejiggered every contract BUT his and Chubb's.

Chubb's contract is designed to last longer; he's actually younger, and under contract, at doable numbers until 2027. His contract could be extended if he continues to play well. (Just as Armstead's was rewritten for a soft landing).

Hill, on the other hand, has a balloon payment year in 2026 where he is due a 45m salary. Obviously, he'll never get that. His contract was written to prompt a release there, and it leaves a comparatively minimal amount of dead cap (11.3m).

Because of the fake salary in 2026, he's a very poor candidate for conversation of salary to bonus. Like Ogbah's 4 year contract that was really a severable 2 year contract, Hill has a VERY obvious end date built in.

The contracts where you add void years are contracts where you might extend if the player if he continues to play. Hill has no motivation to even consider this. He's getting league leading money and has an expiration date baked in. To convert salary in this contract would be to take the Saints path.
I think there's truth to this after the whole 2k quest, and the circus around his personal life.

Which is why I think WR is in play in the draft. I'd like see them acquire a 4th and nab McCaffrey, even though he's not a direct replacement. I suspect OL and DT are higher on their priority list for rounds 1/2.

No new signings listed this morning...

Maybe they took the day off to play Pokemon Go.

If Jones remains healthy and is active for all 17 games, he'll make exactly 2m.

Most of the contracts came in tonight, and they were all pretty similar.

Benito Jones, Jack Driscoll, and Jonathan Harris... all set to make 1.8m this year-- the same amount that Neville Galimore.

Galimore and Jones' contracts are 100% guaranteed.

Driscoll and Harris's contracts are only partially guaranteed.

This means they are only costing us about 900k each more than the 52st player.

So... they are basically free.

(Edited)

Last edited:
Leaving us at 6m under with only two contracts left: River Cracraft, who I'm sure signed something near vet minimum, and Berrios who probably will get double that.

Best guess... we'll have 4-5m left under the cap with 65 players on the roster.

We may still bring in players at vet minimum... or guys with several void years on their contracts... or one last mid level FA without restructuring Chubb or Hill.

Leaving us at 6m under with only two contracts left: River Cracraft, who I'm sure signed something near vet minimum, and Berrios who probably will get double that.

Best guess... we'll have 4-5m left under the cap with 65 players on the roster.

We may still bring in players at vet minimum... or guys with several void years on their contracts... or one last mid level FA without restructuring Chubb or Hill.
Berrios and Cracraft are in now. 4.8mil left. I think we are done till June 1st.

Back
Top Bottom