Quick and Dirty Cap Math | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Quick and Dirty Cap Math

Not sure why he gets so much grief around here. He’s proven to have gotten bettter over the years and is a pretty savvy operator…
I agree....although I'm pretty confident he has converted many this year with what he has done with these signings. Even those that were fans are pleasantly surprised by what he was able to get accomplished.

now that Brewer's deal is in we still have
Barrett
Driscoll
Harris
Berrios
Jones
Hand
Cracraft

Sorry if you saw the post that I just deleted... Careful on this one, they have correct information on one page and old info on another at OTC. It fooled me.

Ramsey:
2024: 8m
2025: 26.2m
2026: Dead Cap 18.5m

This one is going to hurt in 2026 and like the Hoard contract, it's going to suck at the end. We've moved a lot of this contract into dead money. This one, due to Ramsey's age, is probably unfixable.

Those of you who are all-in fans... this contract is for you.

I'm surprised that Poyer was that cheap. I still feel like we need one more good safety.
With Poyer and Campbell on one year contracts, and Holland due for a big new contract or a release/trade, we are REALLY short at Safety going forward.

Go get Micah Hyde too?
I think our best bet here is probably a drafted safety, either this year or next (or both).
If there is ANYTHING left by the third day, I think we'll go Safety. Way more likely than CB to me...
Yes, I believe in cheap safeties, but we're short here and we might lose our best one soon.

I think our best bet here is probably a drafted safety, either this year or next (or both).
If there is ANYTHING left by the third day, I think we'll go Safety. Way more likely than CB to me...
Yes, I believe in cheap safeties, but we're short here and we might lose our best one soon.
but this is not a very good nor deep safety class....they could get one with a late pick but at that point just might as well bring in a couple of UDFA's......if everything goes according to plan then we'll have 11 picks in 2025, including 3 in the 3rd round

The other thing that I am reading from this is just how little we seem to trust in Tyreek going forward. I won't speculate whether this is mainly age or character based, but they've rejiggered every contract BUT his and Chubb's.

Chubb's contract is designed to last longer; he's actually younger, and under contract, at doable numbers until 2027. His contract could be extended if he continues to play well. (Just as Armstead's was rewritten for a soft landing).

Hill, on the other hand, has a balloon payment year in 2026 where he is due a 45m salary. Obviously, he'll never get that. His contract was written to prompt a release there, and it leaves a comparatively minimal amount of dead cap (11.3m).

Because of the fake salary in 2026, he's a very poor candidate for conversation of salary to bonus. Like Ogbah's 4 year contract that was really a severable 2 year contract, Hill has a VERY obvious end date built in.

The contracts where you add void years are contracts where you might extend if the player if he continues to play. Hill has no motivation to even consider this. He's getting league leading money and has an expiration date baked in. To convert salary in this contract would be to take the Saints path.

but this is not a very good nor deep safety class....they could get one with a late pick but at that point just might as well bring in a couple of UDFA's......if everything goes according to plan then we'll have 11 picks in 2025, including 3 in the 3rd round
I said, 'if there's anything left'. This will come down to the team's take on one or two candidates. I really think that if there's a guy they like in round 4 or 5, they might do it.
They could easily move a 2025 3rd round pick for a late 4th this year.
It'll come down to whether we like one guy.

I said, 'if there's anything left'. This will come down to the team's take on one or two candidates. I really think that if there's a guy they like in round 4 or 5, they might do it.
They could easily move a 2025 3rd round pick for a late 4th this year.
It'll come down to whether we like one guy.
I hope they don’t trade a 3rd from 2025 for a 4th this year......that's getting less value and keep in mind those comp picks are not set in stone so all they could trade is our own 3rd but again, not a fan of doing that at all....sometimes it works for the best (Surtain) but most of the time you come up losing

Back
Top Bottom