Ranking the top 10 AFC QB's on talent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ranking the top 10 AFC QB's on talent

killerb58

Master of Reality
Reaction score
1. Mahomes. 2. Burrow. 3. Jackson . 4 Rogers. 5. Allen 6. Lawrence. 7. Herbert. 8 Tua.9. Stroud 10. Watson

I don't hate the list but if you're ranking based on physical talent I think you need to just about swap Joe Burrow and Deshaun Watson.

1. Mahomes...2. Purdy...3. Jackson...4. Burrow...5. Rogers...6.Tua...7. Allen...8. Herbert...9. Lawrence...10. Stroud

Mahomes is still the master, and the one you want.

Like him or not, Purdy just keeps making plays, and winning games.

Jackson is just a weapon.

Burrow though iffy to me, still deserves 4th.

I personally think Tua was better in 2022 then Rogers, but because of not playing 2023, Rogers on just name and gets 5.

Tua has been a top 5 QB the last 2 years, with top numbers in most passing stats.

Allen is talented, but passing the last two years tends to be hot and cold, running is only consistent stat.

Herbert tends to be more stat oriented then pressure time and winning oriented.

Lawrence seems to start slow, and can be hot and cold.

Though I thought about putting Stroud ahead of Lawrence and maybe Herbert, but Stroud still has to prove himself in year 2.

1. Mahomes...2. Purdy...3. Jackson...4. Burrow...5. Rogers...6.Tua...7. Allen...8. Herbert...9. Lawrence...10. Stroud

I personally think Tua was better in 2022 then Rogers, but because of not playing 2023, Rogers on just name and gets 5.

Tua has been a top 5 QB the last 2 years, with top numbers in most passing stats.

Allen is talented, but passing the last two years tends to be hot and cold, running is only consistent stat.

Though I thought about putting Stroud ahead of Lawrence and maybe Herbert, but Stroud still has to prove himself in year 2.

AFC

While I agree Purdy has been a very effective QB with the 49ers. It should be noted that Garrapolo was a very effective QB when healthy when he was the 49ers starting QB. Yet no one confuses him with being a top tier QB in the NFL.

Purdy was very fortunate to be drafted by the 49ers and not by a team that was not filled with all the talent on the 49ers roster. I believe he is a very good QB in the 49ers offensive system but I have my doubts he would be as effective with a team that wasn’t as loaded on offense as the 49ers are.

While I agree Purdy has been a very effective QB with the 49ers. It should be noted that Garrapolo was a very effective QB when healthy when he was the 49ers starting QB. Yet no one confuses him with being a top tier QB in the NFL.

Purdy was very fortunate to be drafted by the 49ers and not by a team that was not filled with all the talent on the 49ers roster. I believe he is a very good QB in the 49ers offensive system but I have my doubts he would be as effective with a team that wasn’t as loaded on offense as the 49ers are.
Agree, although I also think Purdy is better than Garappalo ever was.

Back
Top Bottom