River Cracraft re-signs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

River Cracraft re-signs

Biggest issue with a #3 is they'll have to be close to starter level quality.

They way teams double Hill/Waddle last season once more puts the focus on the #3 to be able to deliver right away and often.

How many receivers in the draft out side of the top prospects can do that consistently?
I agree but I thought this was where Jonnu Smith fit in.

By the middle rounds, your chances of finding a day 1 starter in a prime position are effectively zero.
What you can find are valuable platoon players and possible starters from cheap positions.
I think you are right. Only exception would be a lucky pick. Brady went in a late round and I think Anthony Munoz of the Bengals went late.
So it could happen, just not likely.

Thanks. Agree. I can’t remember who I was thinking of.
not sure who you’re thinking of but Joe Jacoby of the redskins went undrafted and became an all pro OT and 3 times SB champ

After college, Jacoby went undrafted. He signed a free agent contract with the Washington Redskins in 1981, where he embarked on an enviable career—four Super Bowl appearances, of which his team won three (XVII in 1983, XXII in 1988, and XXVI in 1992), plus four consecutive Pro Bowl selections from 1983 to 1986.

During last off-season throwing sessions, Cracraft replied that he had played 10 lbs later the previous season @185. His shoulder injury along with Ezukanma's neck injury may have had a bigger impact than noticed. The offense seemed vulnerable to an edge blowing up the QB & RB in the backfield so they may have used a kitchen sink approach at with multiple players targeting the edge with blocking, chipping, running, and receiving assignments. Losing these two to shoulder and neck issues may have impacted the offense more than realized.

The Dolphins off-season workouts lead by Tua has a college spring practice vibe. With better timing, did Cracraft add intermediate routes during these workout? Last season also had rookie skill position players with very limited production in the passing game. With Anchane injured during training camp and other 2 UDFAs, it's understandable and perhaps we'll see significant improvement. The weight target for borderline players may also be telling. Brooks contribution was as a blocker; a role played by injured players as well as Jeff Wilson so might he come in lighter. Ahmed seems like another that might be lighter as his contribution may be greater in the passing game and would he be more agile at a scatback weight?

Back
Top Bottom