Robinson and Paul, now what? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Robinson and Paul, now what?

Brandon Dorlus
Ja’Tavion Sanders
Troy Franklin
Devontez Walker
Christian Mahogany

There’s talent there. I’d give up next years third for one of those guys.

All could play right away.
Would you give up two 3’s for next year for two of the players you mentioned?

We took an OT and an Edge, the two high profile, high expense positions where we had an obvious long-term need. ...and let's be honest, NO ONE should be surprised at the two positions that we took.

So... we have 4 draft picks left, as well as plenty of extra ammo from next year if we so choose... now what?

Keeping my analysis to player positions rather than specific players who might fall, I see us looking for:

1. A safety (maybe two). With only 3 safeties on the roster and a real chance that ALL three are gone next year, this is an obvious need.

2. An X WR. Enough of the small-ball, we need a tall bully-ball X receiver. Someone Tua can target when the smurfs are covered.

3. A RB that excels at pass pro and receiving.

These are my priorities. Yes, a DT or a TE would be ok, but at this point, we have a lot of vets in place at these positions, and just like with Elijah Higgins last year, a draftee here might not stick.
Likewise... with an interior offensive lineman. We have a lot of maybes in camp and asking a late draft pick Guard to stick... might be a lot to ask.
You really believe Holland won't be locked down???

Not possible.

I think it comes down to the areas that are lacking bodies. 1) Safety 2) Backup Center 3) 3/4 Defensive End, someone with size and girth. 4) WR #3, got to find a tackle breaking player who can give Tua an excellent underneath option.

Last edited:
Drafting for special teams late in the drafts which bodes well for the safety and linebacker positions. Both are need areas on the team. Maybe a IOL or DT might make sense both are areas of needs.

Iknow Brewer is starting.You need a backup correct?Grab Bartolini cut Eichenberg
and save 4 million bucks.Tnor has the experience,3 year starter at Wisconsin

Back
Top Bottom