Smoke Screens & Draft Week Rumors | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smoke Screens & Draft Week Rumors

Let's see I guess it's plausible but Herbert is still young so rebuilding around him better than some Rookie? Ok worked for stroud and Minnie does need a QB.
The issue is he’s going to be making $45 million a year so that will make it extremely difficult to rebuild that team. This will be a 3-4 year rebuild. You trade Herbert and Bosa and now you have a clean slate and ammo to rebuild.

The issue is he’s going to be making $45 million a year so that will make it extremely difficult to rebuild that team. This will be a 3-4 year rebuild. You trade Herbert and Bosa and now you have a clean slate and ammo to rebuild.
Huh? What is the cap now 230 or something? Trade Bosa I get but not a "franchise building QB". Ps won't bother me if they do make that trade

Vikings would give up more than that. Vikings need a qb for Jefferson. Chargers are in a rebuild. Makes some sense
i think two firsts and a 2nd might be sufficient. the only reason the chargers might be willing to do it is all the cap space herbert salary takes up, so you have to account for the value to them of dumping his salary in addition to the draft picks. you could argue dumping that salary is worth another two first rounders or something like that. there is some small chance they don't fully believe in herbert, they still have the #5 pick, and maybe harbaugh is arrogant enough to think he takes JJ McCarthy (his guy that he trained) and he will be just as good, then they have all the extra picks plus the salary cap relief, and they are better off at the end of the day. again, not saying this is likely, but just painting a picture that could make some sense

That would make sense IF he knew he had a buyer for "Herbie". - LOL
Well we will see. I would be very surprised for a coach with his rep taking a gamble on a known college prospect when he has Herbie around. Not a huge fan but let's agree Harbaugh wouldn't be trying to turn things around with a Trey, Mac, or Zach at the helm would he?

i think two firsts and a 2nd might be sufficient. the only reason the chargers might be willing to do it is all the cap space herbert salary takes up, so you have to account for the value to them of dumping his salary in addition to the draft picks. you could argue dumping that salary is worth another two first rounders or something like that. there is some small chance they don't fully believe in herbert, they still have the #5 pick, and maybe harbaugh is arrogant enough to think he takes JJ McCarthy (his guy that he trained) and he will be just as good, then they have all the extra picks plus the salary cap relief, and they are better off at the end of the day. again, not saying this is likely, but just painting a picture that could make some sense
Chargers are a complete rebuild. This could be the modern day Herchel Walker trade lol.

You will soon see how difficult it is to build a competitive team when your qb eats up 20-25% of your cap
Like Lamar? Burrow? Allen? Mahomes? Cousins, Prescott, Hurts? Maybe I missed a couple. For every Stroud there are about 7 Macs

Well we will see. I would be very surprised for a coach with his rep taking a gamble on a known college prospect when he has Herbie around. Not a huge fan but let's agree Harbaugh wouldn't be trying to turn things around with a Trey, Mac, or Zach at the helm would he?
He has a HUGE trade chip. I’m not saying it’s going to happen but I guarantee you they’ve had the conversation about it

Like Lamar? Burrow? Allen? Mahomes? Cousins, Prescott, Hurts? Maybe I missed a couple. For every Stroud there are about 7 Macs
The only qb that you listed that has survived that was mahomes because they drafted well and built the nfls best defense. No one else you named has ever won anything. Bills and bengals are losing their entire teams currently. Prescott & Hurts are probably going to be on different teams next year

If Herbert actually gets traded, this will be complete validation that the Dolphins picked the right QB. No way in hell San Diego trades Herbert if they are convinced he’s the guy.

I can’t see this happening.

The only qb that you listed that has survived that was mahomes because they drafted well and built the nfls best defense. No one else you named has ever won anything. Bills and bengals are losing their entire teams currently. Prescott & Hurts are probably going to be on different teams next year
Hang on you said competitive squad now you move the goalposts to suit your narrative. Ps, waiting for the guarantee that Chargers called Minnie to trade Herbie 😂

It is a risk.

If his thinking is I want to start with the next "Tom Brady", I'll go for broke.

If his thinking is I want to create a team any competent QB can be effective with, I'd stay with who I have at QB.

We both may be approaching the same conclusion, albeit from different perspectives.

Things I've picked up today. Please add other rumors and stuff to this thread.

#2 pick - The Raiders are trying to trade up to #2, they love Daniels and behind the scenes Daniels reportedly wants to be a Raider. Washington also wants Daniels and there is no way the #2 is Maye, if Washington makes the pick, they do not like Maye.

#3 pick - New England Isn't in love with Maye or McCarthy at #3 and want to trade down. Vikings love McCarthy and are trying to get up somewhere to get him, maybe not at #3 but Minn wants JJ.

Drake Maye in free fall? - GMs around the league are saying Maye has footwork problems AND throwing motion problems making him look like a huge project at the NFL level. As of right today, Maye isn't linked to any team... this is news bc for months NE was thought to want Maye.

#4 Pick - Arizona reportedly looks at Marvin Harrison Jr as a safe, sure fire pro-bowler so he should be their pick..... what's interesting is the noise starting to get louder that most NFL scouts and pundits DO NOT have Harrison as the #1 WR in the draft. Most have Nabers (myself included) and Nabers fits the Arizona offense better than MHJ. I'm sure Arizona will have some heated arguments about this pick internally.

Michael Penix Jr moving up - its not surprising the more you look into Penix. He's a pocket passer with elite athletic ability. If a team can look past his injury history, he will be a 1st round pick.

Some News media fell for the Worthy smokescreen, making me question how qualified some of these people are.

#5 Chargers want to trade down, not really news. If they stay, Alt will be the pick, look for Minnesota to try to trade up here if JJ is still on the board.

#6 The Giants are a mystery, there are rumors the Giants want to move up in the draft, which is weird bc noone seems to know who they want to trade up for. They have been penciled in to take a WR this whole time, but if the Giants take a QB out of no where it's gonna cause mass chaos on draft night. My guess is they stay put and get Nabers or Odunze or MHJ if Arizona has a nervous breakdown before them and take Nabers.

Jacksonville Jaguars are in love with Nabers and Odunze and would like to move up if they can. If they stay at #17 they will prob take BTJ or a corner.

Buffalo and KC are WR desperate but there is zero noise that either are looking to trade up that ive heard.

Denver HAHA Zach Wilson, there is no way he's Sean Peytons answer is he? There's rumblings that Denver likes Wilson enough to pass on QBs early and take Spencer Rattler later in the draft. This seems crazy to me but it's Denver, they never do anything that makes sense.

The Dolphins ...... nothing, I'm not hearing anything but fake news about Worthy, so good job to Grier, no one seems to know what were gonna do.
Here’s what we’re gonna do. We are not trading down. We are going to wait until some moronic GM reaches for a bust and then we draft a stud like we did with Dan Marino. There’s always one moron and we need to capitalize.

Back
Top Bottom