The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 143 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

The Raiders are the key. They supposedly love Penix. And there are a few teams who love Nix. Hopefully enough to take him before Miami or trade up to select him. If this happens. A truly remarkable and unexpected rise will occur for our beloved Fins!!!

I have been hoping to hear this. I've considered this a possibility all along. That coupled with the report that some teams may have a medical flag on Fautanu is why I don't think it's a given he won't make it to us.

Totally feel ya bro. I miss waking up Saturday and watching with my brother, cousins and friends all day. Idk how old you are but I feel so lucky I got to experience life without WiFi. Simpler times indeed. Happy I have my Finheaven friends to enjoy the draft with tho!
I much preferred the Sat/Sun draft. Rounds 1-3 on Saturday with 4-7 on Sunday. I used to get together with a friend to watch Day 1. He'd drive over and stop at Little Ceasar's on the way for some shitty pizza for us to snack on while watching.

He was a career LT at Notre Dame. I think when he was first drafted the intent was to use him at LT.
As for the LT/RT thing, some guys can just kick slide better in one direction as opposed to the other. I've heard Schlereth say it can be a very difficult move for many OTs. It is like learning to hold your fork in the left hand to eat, after holding it your whole life only in your right. If Mims did play LT in HS, it does bode well because his HS body of work had a lot to do with his being such a highly-ranked player in the college recruiting process.
For Eich it still made no difference. He was never going to be a T at the NFL level.

I much preferred the Sat/Sun draft. Rounds 1-3 on Saturday with 4-7 on Sunday. I used to get together with a friend to watch Day 1. He'd drive over and stop at Little Ceasar's on the way for some shitty pizza for us to snack on while watching.

I, too, preferred the draft this way too. I liked to make caffeine and snack runs between the phins picks.

Elijah Jones is also one of my favorite sleepers. Most mocks seem to have him available in round 5 but he might be drafted higher.

He was first team ACC Defense in 2023 and he had great measurables at the combine.
Miami appears interested.

DL isn't as big a concern for Grier atm.. he behaves as if that has been addressed already
It really will depend on how the board falls.

I think getting us a 3rd or 4th round pick is high on Griers list of to-dos.

A trade down in round 1 is a very real possibility.

If we stay at #21 Oline, Dline, WR and Corner are all in play depending on the board. There could be a top 10 player like Newton, Fashano or Dejeen on the board and the pick basicly gets made for you.

Back
Top Bottom