The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 95 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

I just like Pearsall better . Them Georgie boys can plays them some footsball
Pearsall seems so unheralded, to me - I read a few Gator fan's opinions of him that were not flattering. As a fellow Gator fan, I couldn't believe it.

Let me add, I like Ladd well enough, but I like Pearsall better.

That ought to pluck some feathers )

Last edited:
Pearsall seems so unheralded, to me - I read a few Gator fan's opinions of him that were not flattering. As a fellow Gator fan, I couldn't believe it.

They are just putting the overall offensive ineptitude onto one of the very few bright spots for FL and very unfairly. If Florida actually had an OC and a fiery HC they may get some where, but until then they are on their way to being Vandy. This coming from a Gator fan too.

They are just putting the overall offensive ineptitude onto one of the very few bright spots for FL and very unfairly. If Florida actually had an OC and a fiery HC they may get some where, but until then they are on their way to being Vandy. This coming from a Gator fan too.
Dude was a LOT more open than the number of times they even looked his way. Like Toney, he was playmaker for The Mighty Gators except he has outstanding hands, relatively speaking.

Florida coaching. Ugh.

Last edited:
Dude was a LOT more open than the number of times they even looked his was. Like Toney, he was playmaker for The Mighty Gators except he has outstanding hands, relatively speaking.

Florida coaching. Ugh.

Exactly. I was so excited for Napier as he is a local guy, but holy crap I’m ready for him to be gone. Problem is a coaching carousel is a program killer.

Dude was a LOT more open than the number of times they even looked his was. Like Toney, he was playmaker for The Mighty Gators except he has outstanding hands, relatively speaking.

Florida coaching. Ugh.
I agree, Pearsall is a more sudden athlete than McConkey IMO. To me that means in and out of breaks faster, quicker off the line and perhaps more important, more available later in the draft. McConkey should go earlier, perhaps in the second round. I still think that we miss out if we don't trade down and get a 3rd to get the Gator receiver.

I think he's more a 4.5 play speed guy, now Rickey Pearsall might work.​

Scouting Report: Weaknesses​

• Lacks the twitch to consistently create separation; struggles with contested catches.
  • Needs improvement in catch-and-run transitions, seems uncomfortable in these situations.
  • Lacks the size to consistently win on the outside, better suited for middle-field and return roles.
  • Intermediate route fluidity could be improved.
  • Needs more nuanced route-running to consistently leverage against DBs.

Is that about McConkey!?

Is that about McConkey!?
It is, but I cherry picked his weakness' choosing not to highlight his strengths. No matter, he should be gone shortly after we pick at 55, and I don't see him as a value for us there in the 2nd. JMHO though.

Pearsall is a good player. Wish he had 10 more pounds of muscle on him, but good player. Would be very happy with him in the second.
Too soon there in the second, we have more needs IMO. If we can trade down a bit, staying in the first and gain a 3rd then Pearsall might work, depending on who's still available there when we draft.

Why do you keep assuming that the reason I think Barton won't be a good tackle is because of his arm length? I think it's part of his problem, but the thing that bothers me the most about him is his playing strength. He looks like he struggles on an island in pass protection. I understand that he's athletic and can be an asset in the running game, but if he was going to be a left tackle for me, the number one thing I would want him to be able to do is pass block. Maybe you are right, and he eventually gets there, but I have reservations.
I was responding to posts simultaneously. The other post I was responding to specifically listed "arm length" as a concern.

My response to your concern is that technique and strength are things that are frequently developed at the next level.

I'm leary of moving Jackson back to LT. He wasn't very good there. No guarantee he'd play well. You could be weakening two positions?
In my experience, moving from left to right is often a tougher transition that moving from G to T. That's why true 5 position OL are so rare. It takes pretty special athleticism (along with a ton of work) to pull it off.

For guys that are seen as RTs it's usually b/c they aren't quite athletic enough to go against the pure speed DEs. Improving technique will help, but you really can't get more athletic. You can increase strength though. In fact, most college OL get significantly stronger after a year or two in the pros.

That's fine as long as you project the floor as well as the ceiling. People on message boards often only project the one side that matches an agenda, though.

Professional scouts and evaluators are more thorough and non biased.
That's one of the things that makes Barton so attractive. His versatility makes his floor incredibly high. He is arguably one of the safest players in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom