The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 99 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

Going to disagree with that premise. One can be versatile, but not great at any one thing.

It's the old "Jack of all trades, master of none" situation. Not saying that is the case, just that is faulty logic if you are drafting an OL guy in rd1 and saying well, at least he's flexible.

I wasn't arguing Barton, specifically, anyway. If that's where the Dolphins go, I'm fine with it.

My point was in reference to professional evaluators. They anal both pluses and minuses, rather than promoting an agenda by telling only one side of the story. Good evals do not include emotions.
Barton is more than just flexible. He is very athletic and was a successful LT in college due to his movement skills rather than his physical length. But some people want to automatically dismiss him as an NFL LT due to just his arm length. There is some of that faulty logic you speak of.

Don't sleep on this guy if he makes it to #21. He's about to turn 24 yrs old, which could be why he might drop a bit. Verse is a tremendous run defender and a power rusher off the edge.

Kerrigan is a good comp for Verse. Not seeing Burns as one.

Based on what? Playing RT in college also does not mean you can switch and be just as successful at LT either. Mark Schlereth said the other day on some podcast it is more challenging for an RT to move to LT than it is for him to move to RG. Switching sides is not something they all can do.

Bases on the fact that he is one of the most athletic tackles in the draft... He played TE at Oklahoma before moving to OT including catching a TD pass.

He is not stiff, he has the feet and agility to play either side.

Naw... I think most of us wouldn't be upset...

Disappointed. Convinced that we'd made a mistake... yes.

Upset and sulky? Naw... that comes from the muscleheads and trolls.
Last year the majority of the posters wanted a TE and more specifically the TE from Georgia Washington. When Miami passed on him, the news had broken there was a medical issue that caused him to drop. Lots of disappointment.

This year it seems it's all about the Oline position.

Let's see where Grier decides to place his chips.

Barton is more than just flexible. He is very athletic and was a successful LT in college due to his movement skills rather than his physical length. But some people want to automatically dismiss him as an NFL LT due to just his arm length. There is some of that faulty logic you speak of.
It is a measurable. Ppl put varying degrees of importance on it.

To me, it is something to consider, but not a lone, deciding factor. I already said I was speaking in general, not about a specific player.

It’s not faulty. Why don’t you list all the starting LTs in the NFL with arms shorter than 33 inches? It won’t take you very long.

Last year the majority of the posters wanted a TE and more specifically the TE from Georgia Washington. When Miami passed on him, the news had broken there was a medical issue that caused him to drop. Lots of disappointment.

This year it seems it's all about the Oline position.

Let's see where Grier decides to place his chips.
Yeah... this happened, but honestly... I think most of the screaming came from the more excitable posters-- guys who squeal hyperbolically about almost everything.

Back
Top Bottom