The All-Purpose Draft thread.... | Page 139 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The All-Purpose Draft thread....

If he played LT in HS that bodes well. I could not locate any evidence that he did.
IMO whether somebody played LT in HS isn't all that relevant. I went back and forth with people b/c I was adamant that Eichenberg wouldn't play RT in the pros. I didn't care that people said he played in college and played well for that matter. And it wasn't about arm length either. Eich lacked independent hands. All he had was this two hand punch and a mirror move. I didn't see the feet to pull of the mirror move and long armed DEs would render that two hand punch ineffective. You need a certain level of athleticism to effectively punch with one arm and retain your balance and base. Despite how well he played at T in college he didn't have the athleticism to do the same in the pros.

IMO Dejean is great at S and as a zone CB, but I don't think he can be great it man coverage against NFL WRs, particularly slot WRs. I expect that Miami's defense will use a ton of man coverage. As such, Dejean wouldn't be the fit for Miami's defense that some think he would be.

Miami has done some serious work on the DB position.

For that reason most of my mocks have Miami taking a CB in the late rounds for that reason. I'm not among those that expects a secondary player in round 1 or 2. The exception is Hicks if we trade down or add picks in the late 2nd early 3rd.

@DolphinsTalk I was listening and finally heard you guys talk about Bryan Thomas Jr!

Your a but late to the party, we've been talking about him on here for months, but I'm happy to hear him at least mentioned on your podcast.

I love your stuff, keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom